Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newbie having erection problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all. I would normally be too nervous to post about an issue such as this, but tonight it dawned on me I'm having serious problems.

Background information first. I'm a 20 year old man who has never had a serious relationship before, and as such, still a virgin. I started going out with a girl at the end of January so at the end of July, we'll have been going out for 6 months.

When we first got together, I was very frisky you could say. I could get erections very easily when around her, she didn't even have to be doing anything remotely sexual! Due to me being nervous and her having a bad sexual experience in the past, we both agreed to take our time and not rush into anything, so I was happy to wait for a while. Eventually we got to the stage of us experimenting, me fingering her, and her giving me handjobs, to cut to the chase. These were great at first, but as time went by, I found it increasingly difficult to rise to the occasion.

Tonight, I couldn't do it at all which really upset me. I admitted to her I'd been concerned about it for a couple of weeks and she's been such an angel about it.

I am still able to masturbate, but that too has become more difficult, with my member not being able to reach 100% erect as it used to.

Is it worth going to my Doctor for? Only reason I ask is because after a bit of reading, I found out it could be something bigger (heart disease). I doubt thats the case but I'm just quite lost on what to do. I'm also under a bit of stress these days as I am trying to find a new job, but nobody seems to want to employ me, so thats really been getting me down lately, which I think isn't helping things.

I'm sorry for posting this when there is a similar thread further down, I thought I'd make a new thread, seeing as circumstances are slightly different. Any advice would be more than welcome.

She's giving me signs that make me think she wants to start having sex with me, but now I can't and its really hit me hard.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    At your age, it would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be heart disease. I would say that it appears to be a psychological problem with performance anxiety causing you to go round and round worrying about your performance issues.

Read TheSite's information here :

http://www.thesite.org.uk/sexandrelationships/havingsex/performanceproblems/impotence

and here :

http://www.thesite.org.uk/sexandrelationships/havingsex/performanceproblems/highperformancepenis

It is also an idea to give up masturbation for as long as you can prior to your sexual encounters so that you're as horny as hell. Give up smoking and drinking too, if you do these, to see if this has any effect.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll abstain from masturbation for a while and see how it effects things with her. I dont smoke at all, or drink (tee-total you could say) so that isn't a problem

Thanks again. I'll post again in a few days letting you know if anything changes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead, but I'm so frustrated.

I've taken everybodies advice, and I still can't do it. I confided in my girlfriend that I had a fetish which I was expecting her to take better than she did. Infact, she nearly broke into tears.

I don't know what to think anymore. I've just got home and I'm so p***ed off at myself that I've upset her. I still cannot get a proper erection and now thanks to my stupidity, she thinks she's unattractive to me.

Do I need to see a doctor about this now? I'm really at wits end, to the point that its depressing me. At this point, I feel that if she dumped me because of this, life wouldn't be worth living. I feel (with some hope as well as expectation) that she won't do that, but I feel quite suicidal right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much :(
  • Options
    Plusi wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead, but I'm so frustrated.

I've taken everybodies advice, and I still can't do it. I confided in my girlfriend that I had a fetish which I was expecting her to take better than she did. Infact, she nearly broke into tears.

I don't know what to think anymore. I've just got home and I'm so p***ed off at myself that I've upset her. I still cannot get a proper erection and now thanks to my stupidity, she thinks she's unattractive to me.

Do I need to see a doctor about this now? I'm really at wits end, to the point that its depressing me. At this point, I feel that if she dumped me because of this, life wouldn't be worth living. I feel (with some hope as well as expectation) that she won't do that, but I feel quite suicidal right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much :(

If you're really worried you should consult your doctor but still you could be quite 'paranoid' about doing that so you could call the national health helpline first of all to see if you can avoid having to see your own doctor...?

I'm also interested to know what fetish you've brought across to her because depending on what it is, it would be very easy to see your gf getting her own ideas on the situation.