Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ipod advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, coming to thesite for some trusty advice if you can help :)

I want to buy a new ipod, one of the 1 thousand million gig ones so it can hold all of my music till the end of time ;) My problem is though, i used to use my ipod with my computer and all the music had to be kept on my hard drive all the time which takes up space obviously and slows down the computer. Now i have a laptop so there is already less space on it and i don't want to keep the music that's on my ipod on here.

Can i set the ipod so that it doesn't automatically update to what's in my itunes? My plan would be to put music on the ipod then be able to delete it from itunes but not have it deleted from the ipod when i plugged it in next time if that makes sense.

Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sugar wrote: »
    Hey guys, coming to thesite for some trusty advice if you can help :)

I want to buy a new ipod, one of the 1 thousand million gig ones so it can hold all of my music till the end of time ;) My problem is though, i used to use my ipod with my computer and all the music had to be kept on my hard drive all the time which takes up space obviously and slows down the computer. Now i have a laptop so there is already less space on it and i don't want to keep the music that's on my ipod on here.

Can i set the ipod so that it doesn't automatically update to what's in my itunes? My plan would be to put music on the ipod then be able to delete it from itunes but not have it deleted from the ipod when i plugged it in next time if that makes sense.

Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Yes you should be able to do that. Can't tell you exactly where that function is, but look in the settings/options in the Itunes programs. There's a checkbox or something which you can disable, it's called something like "Automaticaly synchronize pc and ipod" or something like that.