Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

meet new people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well my social life is pretty dull at the moment and i need to give it a boost trouble is im not the most confident person in the world and find it hard meeting new people. has anyone got any advice on how i could go about doing it and what to do to meet new people. i feel so depressed just sitting at home on my own :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    I feel your pain.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same situation, so I can't give any advice.

Sorry.
  • Options
    same boat here too, i just moved and im so bad at making new ffirneds, i just find it really hard to have anything in common with most people i meet/people at work
  • Options
    Sorry to not have anything much helpful to offer, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there who has difficulty meeting new people :)
  • Options
    I currently live with my parents after several years at uni, so my social life has slowed down.
    The way Ive got round to meeting new people has been to join a local orchestra, and also to join in some more national conservation projects.

My advice would be to look into a club, or sharing a hobby. Maybe check out local volunteering projects that you might enjoy, or do a short course in something that interests you.
    If you look into places that do your interests, the people who go along will already have something in common with you :-)
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with NB - a new hobby is a fantastic way to meet new and like-minded people :D
  • Options
    Am in same position re. moving home after uni, as I had a grad job but it didn't quite work out... So I would say that colleagues at work don't normally end up being your friends, and it's through other shared leisure interests (eg. sports/volunteering) that you will be best-placed to find friends you get on with :)