Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it possible to hate actually hate your siblings?

Questions in the title really.

I think I genuinely hate my sister. Its been like this for nearly 5 years.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most people go through phases of not getting on with their siblings, but just because your related too someone, doesnt mean you'll always get on with them.
  • Options
    Most people go through phases of not getting on with their siblings, but just because your related too someone, doesnt mean you'll always get on with them.

agreed!

sometimes siblings hate eachother during adolescence but then begin to like each other again later in adulthood.

johnny do you want to say what's happened? it's cool if you don't
  • Options
    johnny do you want to say what's happened? it's cool if you don't

Nothing major happened but Im just getting really annoyed with her lately.

The main things that are annoying me is her selfish behavior, when she wants to do something ie watch the TV and Im in the room I have to leave.

The way she rubs in my face that she works and I don't, she boasts about making loads of money but she always spends before she gets paid and my dad has to bail her out. Then because of that hes got no money to spend. She makes more than him ffs.

The fact that she is just an all round whingebag, she loves playing the victim, she hangs around with the wrong people sometimes and when shit happens she says "why does this happen to me?". She goes on and on and on about her problems but when you try to talk about yours she makes you feel like a prat for saying anything in the first place.
  • Options
    Yes, I hate mine, would gladly see them fuck off to Siberia or worse.

Still we haven't spoken for four years, just be careful though, your relationship with your siblings can really wreck your family, believe me i know.
  • Options
    Yes.

Well, that question certainly took a long time to answer. Anyone fancy a pint? :p
  • Options
    My other half has been going through exactly the same thing with her brother. The trouble with family is, they're family. Friends who piss you off can just be told to fuck off. You try to explain to a parent that a golden child is actually a precocious little wanker and all hell breaks loose.
  • Options
    Until recently I never talked to my brother, I hated him cos he's selfish and disrespectful to my mum. He took her car, without license or insurance, and totalled it. He's since joined the army and straightened out a bit - I've seen a change in him and we are actually getting along now for the first time in years.

Don't think that it will always be this way with your sister. People can change!
  • Options
    Until recently I never talked to my brother, I hated him cos he's selfish and disrespectful to my mum. He took her car, without license or insurance, and totalled it. He's since joined the army and straightened out a bit - I've seen a change in him and we are actually getting along now for the first time in years.

Don't think that it will always be this way with your sister. People can change!

Ive seen a few cases of the army sorting people out :)
  • Options
    thats how i feel about my brother,
    when i look at him i feel asolute disgust towards him.

my brothers always said id do bad in life, calls me fat and ugly.
    and i just laugh cause i try soo hard to prove them all wrong.
    and im sure ill get better in life then him.

i think you should just ignore her, and move on with your life.