Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

payback for graduation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently went out for my graduation, now I havnt realy had a social life for the past 5 months, so going out 3 nights on the trot didnt help very much, but the day I went home I was sick, I vomited, my joints was stiff on the way to the station and got worse as I waited and got on the train, I felt to weak to get on the bus and paid to get home ASAP via Taxi, got home had to get out of my clothes, was sweating just went to bed felt like crap as my body kept changing from hot to cold i feel asleep till 11 am the following morring, over the past 3 days I have had stomarch upsets, runs, pains in my knuckles and knee, feeling tired, getting head aches.

I dont know what to do!

Comments

• Options
    Did you eat out too? Sounds like possible food poisoning ...
  • Options
    yeah, i might be, but i have been having food and not hurling it up after a certian amount of time
  • Options
    Well, by now, you shouldn't be hurling up food but your body could still be suffering. Remember to drink lots of liquids and its good to drink something like Lucozade (sipped, not gulped) to restore your body's electrolytes. That may help you to feel better.
  • Options
    Sounds like a nasty bug of some variety, keep warm and drink lots of fluids. Take paracetamol for the fever and if it doesn't get better in a few days see a doctor

NHS direct are pretty good for advice without having to leave your bed ;)
  • Options
    just to reinforce what the others have said, make sure you keep up your fluids (coffee doesn't count) and electrolytes, there are electrolyte powers and drinks you can get from the chemist

if it continues, see you GP asap

good luck!
  • Options
    Though i wouldnt worry too much, I have been like that a couple of times after not drinking for months before hand. You should be fine in the end, though I do understand what its like, its not nice.

If your still rough in a couple of days then perhaps worry, but otherwise, be strong and weather the roughness till it subsides.
  • Options
    Yes, fluids will help and if your symptoms persist in anyway and you cannot stand the pain then contact your Gp.
    How are your symptoms....or you could talk to someone from nhs direct?