Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spyware/Virus Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is the most stuboun virus ever.

I've done a virus scan, i've used Windows Defender to 'remove it' It does then comes back seconds later.

I've gone into safe mode and used some tool which kills everything and removes the bad stuff.

Still it remains!!!

38955292nh6.png

Comments

• Options
    They are proving to be more and more illusive.

I give up figthing back, I now only run a scan about once a week because spending hours on end trying to stop them really doesn't work. Nothing out there can stop them all.

In your situation if the virus is threatening to ruin your computer or you think it will, I recommend starting a fresh install of your operating system as they have a way of crawling back even after you've removed them.
  • Options
    A lot of malware use active x to perform drive-by installs. I noticed in your screenshot that you're using IE. Using a browser that doesn't have active x helps massively. I don't know a single web site that needs it. Same goes with emails with active x.

As for "best" spyware removers, that changes as time goes by and there normally isn't a solution based on a single app. I found that the most comprehensive scan though is Spybot S&D. If you're familiar with Hijack-This, then get that onto the case too.

If you have to go on illegal sites, then temporarily turn javascript off!
  • Options
    In some cases going for a fresh install is better. Yes, annoying if you have a lot off stuff on your computer that need backed up, but then you're sure you're clean.
  • Options
    Oh just for the record it's not me who has got this killer virus, it's a friend :)

I'm always protected :)

I've tryed Spyware doctor which got rid of *all* of it, but their is just this one that keeps coming back!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I'm always protected :)

Good boy! ;)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Is windows defender the only anti-virus installed there?
    If it is, try another one. There are ones that are free and some that have a free trial period. Try Avast for the first kind or NOD32 for the second.
  • Options
    safe mode virus scan might help. Also if you type the name of a virus into google you'll get about 10 factsheet pages how to specifically remove that virus.

http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-6730en.html

Though I don't even use an AV, just occasionally do a sweep to double check but never anythin on there. But it depends how well you secure your system. The biggest risk to me is if on one of these game .isos I download someone has put a virus in there...
  • Options
    Well I took Mcafee off, and put AVG on and the windows defender is just running so I'll have a poodle around tonight :)