Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Back Strengthening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today was my first appointment with the physio....and if I'm honest it was a complete waste of my time. He is convinced that my back pain is due to bad posture (myself and the other medical professionals I've seen generally agree that the massive ice skating accident I had might be the cause but hey) and he basically is not treating me. He wants me to go and find some back strenghtening/posture improving exercise and then let him know in 3 weeks how I've gotten on.

He reckons yoga, pilates or tai chi. Anybody got any other ideas?

x

Comments

• Options
    the physio wants YOU to go and find the back strengthening exercises and then come back?! that sounds ridiculous, shouldnt he be giving them to you? isnt that his job?

i went to see a physio about back pain, i had 4 or 5 sessions and she taught me back strengthening exercises at them all. i cant remember them or describe them well enough though so sorry im not much help. :]
  • Options
    That's alright :) and yeah, I was not best impressed with the guy. I didn't know whether to scream/cry/or punch his smug preachy face. Grrr, bloody hell...I just sat there silently nodding. I could see it wasn't going anywhere.
  • Options
    Second opioion? Especailly if what he thinks is so different to other mecdical proffesionals.
  • Options
    I'm seeing my doctor next week so I'm going to ask her.

Damn uni, I looked at doing pilates and it's £40 for 6 weeks...I'm a poor student, you fools!

*Ahem*

There is another physio at the uni so I may ask if I can see her instead.