Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does a cavity feel like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And there's the question :p I'm thinking I might have one... I'm going to the dentist in december so I'll find out for sure then, but I'm curious. It doesn't hurt when I eat or drink, though sometimes it hurts when I'm swishing mouthwash... well not hurt, more of an uncomfortable feeling. Every once in a while there is just sort of this dull... not a pain... but a feeling again, in one particular tooth.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It feels like a hole, really. Try with your tongue. Whether food makes the tooth hurt is a different matter...
  • Options
    Well I definatly don't feel a hole but I'm pretty sure my tongue isn't sensitive enough to feel something that small... that seems weird you would be able to feel a hole... though I'm thinking a crater here. I stuck a mirror in my mouth :o but I didn't see anything but I've got my teeth sealented-ed or however you call that so I doubt I'd see anything anyways.

My appt is sooner than I thought... Monday. Now I'm freaking out. They are going to judge me. Dirty teeth Simba. :p

I forget the comedian, but oh how true was the statement, I feel like I'm forced to lie to the dentist.

How often do you floss?
    Everyday. Sometimes twice. Ooooo.
  • Options
    Like a pussy but you would not want to stick your willy in it
  • Options
    It feels like a hole, really. Try with your tongue. Whether food makes the tooth hurt is a different matter...

Well, it would depend on the circumference of the hole and how deep it is. Its not always easy to tell using your tongue.
  • Options
    It doesn't hurt when I eat or drink, though sometimes it hurts when I'm swishing mouthwash... well not hurt, more of an uncomfortable feeling. Every once in a while there is just sort of this dull... not a pain... but a feeling again, in one particular tooth.

You may have just lost a bit of enamel on your tooth. That would make it feel a little sensitive.
  • Options
    He said it sounds like, and since he didn't see anything, nor did the xrays show anything, that is most likely a sinus thing.

However, some sealant had cracked and I have a cavity on the other side of my mouth :( Didn't have any pain there! And I definatly don't feel a hole there either :p