Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Horizon: How Mad Are You?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone watch this? A team of 10 people, 5 with various diagnosed mental illnesess, and 5 without are put through a series of tasks, and 3 psychiatric experts have to pick the people with each mental illness. The first episode is on iPlayer now, and it continues next Tuesday.

Comments

• Options
    yeah, me and my boyfriend watched it. my boyfriend and his housemate were laughing throughout the whole program :(

i felt ridiculously bad as ive been diagnosed with an eating disorder and depression, two of the five diagnosed illnesses. yipppeeee :rolleyes: he is completely unaware of this!!!!!!!!!!

i am like that woman who the psychiatric experts thought was "normal" and had no mental illness (but it turned out they were wrong!)......im ridiculously good at hiding it!

i found it very interesting :yes: i liked the program because it highlights the fact that not all mental illnesses are obvious to other people. alot of people think of people with mental illnesses as crazy.
  • Options

i felt ridiculously bad as ive been diagnosed with an eating disorder and depression, two of the five diagnosed illnesses. yipppeeee :rolleyes: he is completely unaware of this!!!!!!!!!!

He can't be completely unaware of this, as he knows you were on ADs?! Did he think you were taking them for fun?
  • Options
    errr, i lied. i said i went to the doctor for stress and she just shoved me on them. i can't be arsed with the whole "yeah, i was feeling down" as thats well emo!
  • Options
    They all look a bit mad to me tbh. :shocking:
  • Options
    now you are just mean :p
  • Options
    Diagnosing mental illness in those who aren't acutely ill can be difficult shocker ;)

Thanks for the link, will have a gander when I get the time.
  • Options
    i can't be arsed with the whole "yeah, i was feeling down" as thats well emo!

:|

cheers for that :thumb:

i saw a bit of the program, i might watch it on iplayer later. i think anything that raises awareness of mental health is potentially very positive.