Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Black tights with skirts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do 30 odd year old women wear black tights with skirts for a night out, even in the summer? I'm sick of wearing trousers all the time and won't wear a skirt without tights. What kind of shoes would you wear with a skirt and tights?

Comments

• Options
    Why not wear skin-coloured tights? And I see a fair number of people wear those ballet-type shoes when wearing a skirt.
  • Options
    i personally think any tights in the summer look daft...but if ya insist on wearing them, flesh coloured would be best IMO

why do you not like wearing skirts without tights? do you have marks or something? if thats the case, there;s some pretty good camouflage stuff on the market now

i think tights at the best of times are uncomfy....but in this heat, i cant imagine wanting to wear them

why not try tights in a can? same effect without actually having to wear them

if not, why not opt for longer skirts? or even cropped trousers/long shorts?

x
  • Options
    I hate wearing a skirt without tights too. But if it's for a night out, why not. It's dark...and if you're in a nightclub, the darkness and flashing lights take away sharp detail of the skin.

If you're definitely wanting black tights, maybe go for the footless ones? They look acceptable in summer, I think. Or fake tan? That evens out the skin tone.
  • Options
    I am wearing black tights with a jeans skirts and cowboy boots today - but thats also partly because its freezing - however i also see loads of girls running round shoreditch in similar attire so i recon i must be almost half fashionabel

You can wear anythign you want as long as your confident in it - but trousers other than jeans should be reserved for the office only - otherwise you look like a boring old person who has no fashion sense and buys all their clothes in next.......
  • Options
    If I am wearing a shorter skirt I prefer tights as well though I tend to prefer bright colors if I can find them large enough (rare)

I have permanent scaring on my legs from sunburn some time back so I prefer tights to cover the sunburn and also protect me from further sunburn especially in the summer.
  • Options
    yep the issues here is not aout fashion - its why wont you wear a skirt without tights???
  • Options
    nerys71 wrote: »
    If I am wearing a shorter skirt I prefer tights as well though I tend to prefer bright colors if I can find them large enough (rare)

I have permanent scaring on my legs from sunburn some time back so I prefer tights to cover the sunburn and also protect me from further sunburn especially in the summer.
    Hold on, aren't you a guy?
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Hold on, aren't you a guy?

Yeah, I thought that too! Maybe just a guy that likes wearing skirts and tights though :chin: