Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

White stains on my jacket

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do I get loads of white marks off my black jacket. (no its not what your thinking :D )

I think its bleech, but I havent worn the jacket since last year. The jacket is kind of canvas. Is there anyway I can get the stains out, I cant walk around covered in white stains :lol:

Comments

• Options
    white stains....well without looking mate cannot really tell if it is bleach or not. Bleach is permo....so nothing at all will get bleach out. I have had clothes that have got bleach on and its a nightmare.
  • Options
    Is the jacket completely black, as in with no patterns/different coloured lining etc? If so, maybe re-dyeing it black with one of those Dylon things might cover over the stains?
  • Options
    If it's bleach, then there is no way you get the white spots out as they are not white color over the jacket color, but they removed the jacket color.
  • Options
    Well, I never thought it would have got anywhere near bleach but it does look like bleach.

I can’t really wear it, its just plain black with splashes of white all over the front and shoulders. Think plasters radio :D

I’m so pissed off, I really liked that jacket.
  • Options
    what about re-dying it?...I know had some great clothes that got bleach splashed over them it is most annoying.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    To be honest, when I have accidentally dropped a bit of bleach on something, its gone more of a reddy pink rather than white.

So possibly not bleach? Can you post some pics so we can see?
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    To be honest, when I have accidentally dropped a bit of bleach on something, its gone more of a reddy pink rather than white.

So possibly not bleach? Can you post some pics so we can see?

:yes:

I bleach a lot of fabric (insano-crafter) and black very rarely bleaches straight to white. Especially without some pretty serious fabric damage. Could it be owt else?
  • Options
    these arent the greatest pics, granted it does look like spunk, but its not.