Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why do I keep crying?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Just to let you know i am a 22 year old female...

Ok here goes, whenever i have been in a relationship and i argue with my boyfriend i always end up crying. i don't do it for effect or to make him feel sorry for me, i honestly don't, i just find it really hard to keep control of my emotions. At first my boyfriend was concearned when i cryed but now it just winds him up. I think he thinks i am doing it for attention but i honestly am not, and it hurts me even more when he gets annoyed over it as i am genuinaly upset.

This is alot harder to put into words than i thought and i am even crying now when typing this. i feel so stupid sometimes and wish i could be stonger but i find it impossiable. it kills me when im so upset and my bf jst walks off becuase he cant handle the drama. i dont balme him to be honest but i just cant seem to control my tears and i am genuinly in pain.

i dont really know what im asing for here but i just don't know what to do about this. :( x

Comments

• Options
    Can't be much help, really, just wanted to say that I'm just the same! It's weird cause I don't normally cry easily and they're never proper full-on rows, just stupid disagreements, so I don't know why it upsets me so much.

So yeah, just wanted to say that I know how you feel.
  • Options
    thats how i feel, jt stupid disagreements and im in floods of tears, it makes me feel so pathetic but i can't help it. x
  • Options
    aw yeah, i dont have any advice either but i think its a common thing with girls. i think with me is that im quite soft and after arguing with anyone, be it my boyfriend, my mum, a customer at work!...i would end up crying! some people just dont have it in them to argue. hehe. i do wish i was a little stronger though.

also if you are really in love with this boy then of course arguing with him is gonna be highly emotional. maybe you need to work things out between you if you're arguing a lot? x
  • Options
    You must be really emotionally attatched to your boyfriend and arguing makes you feel a gap in that emotion therefore you start crying. At least you don't have a lack of emotion that would be worse.

So you've come here to ask why and find some solutons. I found two articles for you to read, they might help you overcome this.

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Crying-when-You-Are-Very-Upset

http://www.wikihow.com/Emotionally-and-Physically-Protect-Yourself

Hope these help, if not at least you'll know why you do it.
  • Options
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    and my bf jst walks off

I hope this is just a typo :p
  • Options
    thank you for the links lucid-lover.

had another row with the bf last night, again i was crying and all he down was take the piss out of me, mimicing the sounds i was making when i was crying, it really hurt me and just made me cry more. i just wish i could control it!
  • Options
    Well it needs to be said, that your boyfriend sounds kind of mean. Maybe getting upset when you start crying is reasonable but mocking you is inexcusable.

I think your approach to this situation is wrong. If you are an emotional person, then that may suck for you, but this is in no way uniquely your problem. I hope by this point you've already explained to him that you aren't crying for attention, but only because you can't help it. You need to further that conversation into a how he can be more supportive when you do start crying. Realistically, you are crying for a reason and if that reason can be reconciled it can be beneficial for both of you. Maybe all you need is more love and support. Maybe all you need is more confidence. These are both things that the two of you can work on together. Don't go into this like you're alone when you are clearly a couple.