Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the girl I like - and signs I can't ignore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh god I need just someone to talk to and to maybe offer some impartial advice.

Short and simple as much as I can. Theres a woman I like...a lot (instant attraction when i first saw her and yes I'm male), I only really started talking to her a couple of weeks back through work (but I made the effort!) but we're now in the same social group at work. Anyway, we get on well. Since we've met she added me to a certain social networking site, started conversation and even called me a nickname that I hadn't had anyone other than my friends call me, in a very cheeky way.

We had a work social and we went out and when she turned up and saw me I got a massive kiss on the cheek and hug and then she chatted to me and we bought drinks together and apparently she was adamant that she was going to buy me my drink when her and another colleague went to buy drinks, and later in the evening she linked arms as we walked down the road cos I said I was cold and when we got to a pub where her friends were she said my friends want to met you and introduced me...and when I left she motioned for a hug goodbye (from me she didn't motion anyone else for this...)

Reading back through this I have an 'inkling' she likes me...She did have 'in a relationship' on her facebook until the morning after said work do and is listed as single now...

I just guess mainly due to the fact she is stunning and what I'd consider out of my league (I'm no dog but y'know) I'm seeing the signs but can't believe it...

Anyway, I needed to write that cos my brains full of ideas/thoughts mulling this all over...so if anyone wants to comment I'd be very grateful :)

Comments

• Options
    She might be waiting for you to make a move/say something to her. From what you've said I can't blame you for taking 2 + 2 and coming out with 4. That's the logical outcome right?

But with birds I've found things aren't quite so straight forward. You could mess things up by telling her outright that you like her. :chin: She might be playing games and liking the fact that your courting her.

Personally I'd throw caution to the wind and just send her cheeky txt/e-mail/PM mentioning to her that you like her and want to meet up for drink just the two of you. You wont be coming in too strong and it send clear message that you like her so hopefully you wont be crossing your wires if she says yes.

But with women who knows! :confused: She could just be really bubbly flirty woman and may claim she didn't know she was sending out signals to you!!!
  • Options
    All sounds very positive but if she's just coming out of a relationship you might want to be wary. The last girl I was properly involved with was in this situation, and was equally as keen... but was a bit of a flash in the pan.

Depends what you want from it I guess. If you're thinking long term then I'd tread carefully. Keep up the similar behaviour just don't be rash.
  • Options
    cheers guys :)
  • Options
    go for it :thumb: