Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused and need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont really know where to start to be honest, iv been with my finace for 2 years now and am finding it hard to deal with a few things, he had lots of probs growing up with drugs, drink and home life ect, well iv found out that hes slept with 2 prostitutes twice his age....although he didnt pay them they were willing to do it! Hes had chlymidia and slept with 26 people...hes 19!! Sometimes i feel like now i know this i dont even know him and it makes me wonder what hes capable of, hes a very nasty drunk and i have come to the conclusion i cannot trust him when he drinks and he knows this, I love him more than anything its just somedays all of this is so hard to deal with i just drift through my days just existing not living, the worst part is knowing all this is beggining to make me insecure about my self and im becoming awfully paranoid about him and ITS DRIVING ME CRAZZZZZYYY LOL any advice or kind words much needed, thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    Your Not Alone ..

Junglette, I understand completely what your going through. Infact my boyfriend was just like that. You have to think about the situation, is this a man you want to spend the rest of your life with? Could you marry him knowing all these things you know? But most importantly have you spoken to him about how all this makes you feel, im sure people say that to you all the time but they just don't understand that sometimes, 'just talking' is alot harder than it seems. Without being selfish I think you need to think about whats in it for you in this relationship, if he makes you feel like rubbish is that a feeling you want to continue. I know it's hard but seeing as i dont really know you try and confide in someone who does, they can help you weigh up the situation. I proberbly haven't been much help, but I do understand and know what it's like. And sometimes people just don't change ... no matter what. Good luck in whatever happens.
    L x
  • Options
    Ref my post

Thankyou for replying i didnt think anyone would, i have spoke to him loads about it and he,s made me feel better at the time, and then for days i dont think about it, but then for days i think about nothing else, it makes me so down, the thing is i love him so much, to much if thats possible, i feel like such a weak person since all of this, i thought secretly that i was the stronger one, i know thats a lil wrong lol but thats not the case, he says jump and i say how high, i can never walk away from an argument at the fear he wont come after me, even when i read back what iv wrote i think ARE YOU COMPLETELY CRAZY, but i think i am :banghead: i do know that i want to spend my life with him, yet at the same time i think i cant take this anymore, i suppose im just gonna have to get on with it and not let it come between us anymore wich on some days it so hard i just want to cry and cry :crying: xx
  • Options
    You shouldn't just have to 'get on with it'. If you were not with him, wouldn't you feel extremely relieved? I understand you love him and that s why you are putting up with it. I suppose just don't set a wedding date yet and see how it pans out. Do you think you are looking for a reason not to be with him, eg the prostitutes, chlamidia? I hope it all works out, good luck!
  • Options
    It must be so hard for you, its frustrating for me because I feel exactly the same some days .. I just have no idea what to suggest. Love is something so dangerous lol. How long have you two been together?

L x
  • Options
    I approach relationships differently to other people but as a general rule trust has to underpin a relationship, otherwise what's the point? They're not supposed to be something that you have to worry about, or constantly work at. When it gets to that stage you've got to think about self-respect as well.

But for you to know all this he must've at least been honest with you. So that's a great positive. I've got friends that've slept with prostitutes but their girlfriends don't know.

Depends how it all pans out, but for now I'd hold off on a wedding...