Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ohhh! Disgusting!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7667499.stm

I'm rigorous with my hand washing and I presumed that others were too. Any nail biters out there? Best change your habits. :sour:

Comments

• Options
    I've just read that but it's so full of flaws, and only 409 people in the survey.
  • Options
    It is gross that people don't wash there hands but the number of people not doing it doesn't shock me!

At the moment for my placement I'm on a C.Dif isolation ward and wash my hands at least 30 times a day...but patients who have the bug don't wash their hands even if you remind them too :rolleyes:

There's a girl who works in the canteen at work and I've seen her not wash her hands after the loo then go and carry on making food :yuck:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »

There's a girl who works in the canteen at work and I've seen her not wash her hands after the loo then go and carry on making food :yuck:

I'd bloody well report her. Dirty cow.
  • Options
    Whats the grossest is when you are in the restroom, and you see somebody exit the stall and just leave. At least pretend you aren't a disgusting poophand when other people are present.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    I'd bloody well report her. Dirty cow.

Thats exactly what I did do :yes:

Just glad I had my own dinner with me that day!! Don't want to think about the times I have eaten from there :sour:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Whats the grossest is when you are in the restroom, and you see somebody exit the stall and just leave. At least pretend you aren't a disgusting poophand when other people are present.
    Hahah, its funny cos its true. I always take double time to wash my hands at work, gets you out of work for at least an extra minute compared to usual handwashing :D
  • Options
    Wouldn't worry about it too much - bit of poop is good for you :/
  • Options
    I am a bit OCD about washing my hands through the day because I don't like the feeling of natural grease on my palms... but I have to say I am always sceptical in these threads about people saying 'omg I always do', because whenever I'm in the toilet doing my OCD wash hands 5 times thing... more people than not seem to just piss off without washing their hands.

It doesn't matter whether you do or don't really, someone will not wash their hands and get their bacteria on the door handle as you leave. I think also there is some human tolerance to most bacteria so it's not the end of the world, I just have a weird thing about greasy hands.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I am a bit OCD about washing my hands through the day because I don't like the feeling of natural grease on my palms... but I have to say I am always sceptical in these threads about people saying 'omg I always do', because whenever I'm in the toilet doing my OCD wash hands 5 times thing... more people than not seem to just piss off without washing their hands.

It doesn't matter whether you do or don't really, someone will not wash their hands and get their bacteria on the door handle as you leave. I think also there is some human tolerance to most bacteria so it's not the end of the world, I just have a weird thing about greasy hands.

I know what you mean. My place of work doesn't even have toilet seat covers and I have never heard anybody complain or ask to order them (cuz the purchasing lady sits right next to me). Eeewww :p Even though those things are nasty and you have to throw away the first and then use about 5 of them... it is still something.
  • Options
    We don't have toilet seat covers in the UK! Or at least the mens don't. I don't mind sitting down really even if it is warm as I'm not that much of a stickler for 'gross' things like that where someones bare ass touched the same bit mine did... but the hands get me every time lol. In hospitals I am addicted to the alcohol cleansing stuff, but they removed it from the Leicester Royal Infirmary because (apparently) alcoholics were just spraying loads into a bottle and mixing it with water to get drunk. :/

Sorry that was a slightly off topic post.
  • Options

Haha I keep seeing this. It's so weird.

The nors thing freaks me out, I have a phobia of vomiting :impissed:
  • Options
    We don't have toilet seat covers in the UK! Or at least the mens don't. I don't mind sitting down really even if it is warm as I'm not that much of a stickler for 'gross' things like that where someones bare ass touched the same bit mine did... but the hands get me every time lol. In hospitals I am addicted to the alcohol cleansing stuff, but they removed it from the Leicester Royal Infirmary because (apparently) alcoholics were just spraying loads into a bottle and mixing it with water to get drunk. :/

Yeah, the seat covers are probalby more of a lady thing. Most of us can't avoid the seat. And I've never dared tried to hover... though I think hover is a whole 'nother word in the UK with a different meaning... cleaning your carpet, eh... not sure what the hell I'm trying to say anymore. But I'm not fit enough to try that :p

Thats actually really funny (but not funny I guess, to not be a bitch) about the alcohol cleaning things)
  • Options
    I laughed about the alcohol cleaning things too! I guess humans have a large capacity for laughing at the misery of others. We also 'hover' as in hovercraft, or we can clean by using a hoover. Do you just have dysons in America then?
  • Options

That is really gross! I do that if I've only gone into the toilet to get tissue.
  • Options
    . In hospitals I am addicted to the alcohol cleansing stuff, but they removed it from the Leicester Royal Infirmary because (apparently) alcoholics were just spraying loads into a bottle and mixing it with water to get drunk. :/

It's true some alcoholics do drink it! I don't know how they manage it but I guess if you're that desperet...

You can buy it in little pocket size bottles from Nearly all supermarkets and superdrug. Also you can get the ones used in the hospital off the net.