Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

problems with keycom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
bit of a sticky one as i i don't have a choice of service provider as its done through halls.

i have a 2 mb/s connection, which seems kinda shit to me, and i want to upgrade it. But why would i (and about 10 other people i've asked) not be able to get hotmail or facebook to load before about 7 at night...its a right shit!

i've heard that these guys aren't that good, has anyone else had problems with them in the past?

Comments

• Options
    bit of a sticky one as i i don't have a choice of service provider as its done through halls.

i have a 2 mb/s connection, which seems kinda shit to me, and i want to upgrade it. But why would i (and about 10 other people i've asked) not be able to get hotmail or facebook to load before about 7 at night...its a right shit!

i've heard that these guys aren't that good, has anyone else had problems with them in the past?

Oh good lord.

They provided my net in my first year. They are quite possibly the worst service provider i have ever come across. Shit quality, shit customer service, shit everything.
  • Options
    Time to take out 'mobile broadband'
  • Options
    i've got mobile internet but i need to be able to use the net in its full mode not mobile mode. argh this is kinda shit!

i need to start doing my new website soon, its just not gonna happen with this connection!
  • Options
    No, what cool me means is goto virgin or 3 and take out a mobile broadband package. They'll supply you with a sim card and USB dongle to plug into your laptop/PC.
  • Options
    yeah it seems to be about and extra £15 quid a month on top of my current contract with t mobile, which i'm not to sure i can afford.
  • Options
    You could phone T Mobile and make a deal with them, I'm sure if you tell them your a student and your uni net is crap they are sure to do you a deal.

Are you on a 18th month contract?
  • Options
    yes i am....
  • Options
    Well I'm sure they will tie a deal in with your contract :)

Give them a buzz