Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

trouble with plus net

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We recently got plus net after reccomendation from my friend and just from what we have heard. We have plusnet broadband and a phone line. Took ages to switch over because the tenants before were with stoopid tiscali. We have 15 GB a month if that means anything to anyone and apparently we have nearly used it up this month. We aren't on the internet all the time but we do use youtube and bbc iplayer which apparently uses a lot. I rang them today and they said when it runs out all that happens is the internet will run very slowly. Another option they said is to pay £1.20 for any extra GB we use. That sounds shit right?

I know nothing about ISP but just really disappointed. I dont like being restricted from youtube and bbc iplayer or just the internet in general!

I'm guessing we will have to switch but have no idea how much fuss that will be. As for upgrading we are already paying £25 a month. Blargh. Just a rant really. Does anyone have any advice?

According to my mum we should be looking to someone like Virgin for unlimited broadband.

Comments

• Options
    Confused as to why you're paying £25pm, that package is only £15 on their website.

Option 3 is £19.99 and you get a 30GB usage allowance.

Edit - Ahh, the other tenner is for the phone line. Need to stop skim reading! Virgin probably is your best bet if you want a combined broadband/phone bundle. They do have a traffic management policy that will reduce your speeds for a few hours if you download more than a certain amount between 4pm-12am but it depends which package you choose as to the actual amount.
  • Options
    The iplayer may be sucking up your bandwidth, as it is used to share stuff with other people. Depends if the 15GB includes uploads as well as downloads.

I wouldn't agree to pay extra unless you know what is using up your bandwidth.
  • Options
    Do you reckon we should just switch? Hmm
  • Options
    only if you can find a better deal. Otherwise you should look at your usage.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    only if you can find a better deal. Otherwise you should look at your usage.

Ok thanks. Think we will have to do this. Dunno how the others will take no youtube/bbc i player
  • Options
    I'd refuse to use an ISP that has limits, especially when for £10 a month sky give me a 16meg line and unlimited downloads.
  • Options
    I'm not all that clued up on everything just yet as I've only just got broadband in my house since moving out from parents.

I get 2MB broadband through Sky for Free. It does have limits on it but I havn't had an e-mail telling me I've gone over them yet and I hook into it to play online poker through my PS3, which I can be on for hours at a time.
  • Options
    eurgh, it's all a load of balls. i'm useless at this stuff..net seems to be running okay for now but i guess it isnt quite full up yet
  • Options
    you know about the caps on high bandwidth websites like bbc iplayer etc. got me thinking about that really quite hot european girl who was giving out free blowjobs if you posted on your blog or somesuch about net neutrality :)
  • Options
    Eventually the promised blowjobs were given out virtually, by posting a video clip on Youtube (now not available). An actress, Natsumi Yoshioka, entitled as Tania's blowjob assistant, made gestures in the video as if she was performing oral sex on the viewer.

:D / :mad: