Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fringe Benefits

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I have had a full fringe chopped in, and I was wondering if any of you have any tips to keeping it looking lovely.

By the end of the day it has dropped to a flat flicking out sideways mess!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I ended up growing my fringe out when I had one. I could never get it to stay straight and it would always kink out and look crap. They're too high maintenance for me, sadly. One tip I will give you, is to get yourself one of those handbag portable curling tong/straighteners. I have some braun portable gas tongs, and they were my saviour.
  • Options
    It does help if you have quite thick hair if you have a full fringe. I always have a fringe and generally in winter have a full fringe cut back in. I generally just straighten in the mornings and use a tiny bit of serum to keep it from going frizzy, the Lee Stafford ones quite good :)
  • Options
    depends on the fringe the type of hair and stuff like that..

i have a side sweeping fringe, which just sits there are requires me to do nothing! but have you tried using a tiny amount of hair spray?
  • Options
    I decided to use hairspray this morning and it worked :)

I used quite a bit, but I havent quite got the chavvy hairspray/gel/mousse thing going on hehe!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I have had a full fringe chopped in, and I was wondering if any of you have any tips to keeping it looking lovely.

By the end of the day it has dropped to a flat flicking out sideways mess!

:heart:
  • Options
    More magazine this week has a little section on it on how to "do" your fringe, I read it and thought it was spot on (as I have a full fringe and it's more or less exactly what I do to mine to keep it in check) - might be worth checking out, though it sounds like you've got it sorted now :)
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    More magazine this week has a little section on it on how to "do" your fringe, I read it and thought it was spot on (as I have a full fringe and it's more or less exactly what I do to mine to keep it in check) - might be worth checking out, though it sounds like you've got it sorted now :)

oh super, I will try and get it. :)
  • Options
    I love full fringes but I've given up on them as they have annoyed me in the past when I've had one.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I love full minges but I've given up on them as they have annoyed me in the past when I've had one.

:)
    I could not resist it, Call it school boy fun.:angel:
  • Options
    Get yourself some aquanet, if it can last the 80's it can keep anything ;)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    :)
    I could not resist it, Call it school boy fun.:angel:

:lol: