Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

first car... for under a grand?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats a good first motor, so far ive looked at a fiesta, and a daewoo matiz!

dont really like either, any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Metro/Rover 100. Lots for under a grand, easy to find one with a low mileage. Cheap parts and insurance and if you find one which has been taken care of, it shouldn't bring any major probs. (And if you find one over 15 yrs old possible to get reallly cheap insurance with someone like footman james as it's classified as a classic car).
  • Options
  • Options
    Old style Fiesta with a little engine. Cheap parts, cheap insurance and great fun to drive

I still miss my little Fiesta :(
  • Options
    my first and only car was a ford fiesta 1.4 G reg....cheap to insure and run, just make sure you get it checked by a mechanic or garage if buying 2nd hand.
  • Options
    Honda Civic.
    Nice looking, very nippy and by far the most well built and reliable cars you will find.
    my 1993 K-reg passed an MOT and needed nothing spending on it.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »

Well, apart from the rot. Imagine how badly it would perform after 10 years of corrosion on all the bits you can't see...

They were okay cars, but very badly made IMO.
  • Options
    My 1st car is a little ford fiesta ztec T-reg and I have to say for a 1st car it's pretty good :yes:
    Cheap to run and easy to insure on. Plus there pretty cheap to buy...me and my bf got it for £650 :)
  • Options
    Yeah fiesta :D I had a fuckold 1989 fiesta for my first car, it was great, the brakes didnt work and the steering was dodgy :) so much fun