Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tax return

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i registered as self employed in april, only did a couple of days work through it, paid my national insurance bill they sent through, cancelled my self employed number...

Thing is, am i suposed to fill in a self assesment form for the two days work i did, as they havent sent me one to my address, but my other mates who are full time self employed have recieved them through the post.

Do you think i should do one? :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Legally you should declare the income. You might be due a rebate and not know if you dont file a slef assesment return.

When did you start working as self-employed? If it was after April 5th, then you wont get a return this year as the income would count for the current tax year.

If you do one or not is entirly up to you.
  • Options
    Legally you should declare the income. You might be due a rebate and not know if you dont file a slef assesment return.

When did you start working as self-employed? If it was after April 5th, then you wont get a return this year as the income would count for the current tax year.

If you do one or not is entirly up to you.

yeah it was after april 5th, so does that mean i have to do one NEXT year?

thanks for your help :)
  • Options
    You should do one NEXT year as your self-employment has taken place in THIS tax year.

Your always working in arrears with Self Assessment.