Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heating

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I know I did a thread about the same time last year, but now we have moved, and I cant work out how to turn the heating on.

Its a brand new flat so the heating has never been used. I have definately turned the boiler on correctly, there is no twiddly thing on the wall anywhere to adjust the temp, and I have turned all the radiators on but nada heat.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No thermostat ?? Ours has 2 seperate controls, under the boiler, one for heating one for hot water. Have you turned the heating one on ? (if you have one)
  • Options
    Drink some vodka, i find that works :thumb:
  • Options
    Or i could send Cal round, give you a brisk rub with a rough flannel :)
  • Options
    Im game ;)
  • Options
    Come on Cal...Im cold!!!

Yeah I have (what I think is) a thermostat RS, but not one of the ones you have on the wall to change the temp, but there is one on the boiler.

I am sure I need to do something coz its new, but I just dont know what. I am wearing a scarf - its just not right!!!

Rachie, come and share your hot water bottle! ;)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    hot water bottles. Pink fluffy ones in boots for £12.. keeping my feet nice and warm

I'm no help I know... maybe give your landlord a call?

A pink fluffy water bottle? How fancy, I want one :D Though how do you keep them on your feet? Doesn't it just roll around? Or do you put your feet above them. Sounds a bit of a weird way to heat your feet! What is the bottle made out of? I wouldn't think many can handle too hot of water.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    but there is one on the boiler.

I think that may be to tell the boiler how hot you want your hot water. How high does it it go, if it goes up to 80 degrees or above then its the hot water thermostat, if it only goes up to about 30 then it's the radiator thermostat.
  • Options
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061005065126AAoAWSf

Check for a power switch! (do you have running hot water etc.)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bloody Burnley women - they aint got a clue.......
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I think that may be to tell the boiler how hot you want your hot water. How high does it it go, if it goes up to 80 degrees or above then its the hot water thermostat, if it only goes up to about 30 then it's the radiator thermostat.

Right, as much as you believe me...there is no temperature. I kid you not!!

There are two dials, one is for water, and one for heating. Both are turned on, heating one to the max. All the lights are present and correct but yet I am still a shivering mess! :( Come help me!! Its not far from Brum! :p
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061005065126AAoAWSf

Check for a power switch! (do you have running hot water etc.)

yeah the water is fine, and has been since we moved in. Lucky Strike has gone drinking, and left me in this cold mess! :(

and James - shut your mouth!!
  • Options
    Long shot - is the pump turned on ?
  • Options
    Long shot - is the pump turned on ?

where would one find this pump you speak of? I have hot water, would it come through a different one?
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I'm laid in bed (with 27tog of duvet) so I was laid with my feet on it, now I have it on top of my legs. I think its made out of rubber, you boil up the kettle and leave it to cool before filling it up.

Just in case we have our wires crossed/its called something else in the states, this is what I'm talking about:
    hot%20water%20bottle.JPG
    which has a pink fluffy cover on it :p

Don't let it be confused with an empty water bottle filled with hot water - that is reserved for being at work :p

Aaahhhhh, I was thinking of the drinking water bottle type... makes much more sense now :o
  • Options
    Ours is in the airing cupboard upstairs
  • Options
    Ours is in the airing cupboard upstairs

I dont have an airing cupboard. But it is an avenue I am yet to explore, so when the pisshead has sobered up in the morning, I will ask him to look around (I dont know what I am looking for).

But thank you so much for your help : )

If it doesnt work, I am sure you will hear about it :p
  • Options
    yeah the water is fine, and has been since we moved in. Lucky Strike has gone drinking, and left me in this cold mess! :(

and James - shut your mouth!!
    Sorry :(:(:(
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Sorry :(:(:(

Ha ha thats you told.
  • Options
    Is the pressure in the boiler high enough? There might be a dial indicating the pressure, it should also indicate what level is required.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Ha ha thats you told.
    I know. :(
  • Options
    keep us updated if you find it cos i'm nosy and wanna know how you solve this issue :p

(our house has an airing cupboard with a boiler and a thermostat elsewhere so no use to you i'm afraid!)
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    keep us updated if you find it cos i'm nosy and wanna know how you solve this issue :p

(our house has an airing cupboard with a boiler and a thermostat elsewhere so no use to you i'm afraid!)

*clears throat in embarrassment* we did have another thermostat, but I didnt see it!!

LS has sorted it all out now, bless him.

Warm flat here we come.

Thanks for all your help
  • Options
    *clears throat in embarrassment* we did have another thermostat, but I didnt see it!!

LS has sorted it all out now, bless him.

What do they say about blondes :D
  • Options
    That they're easier than dark haired girls? ;)