Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Council tax benefit form....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I am filling out this benefit form so I hopefully won't end up bankrupt, in the gutter etc.... and one section says

About the other people who live with you

Now tell us about all the people who usually live with you and your partner

Do not tell us about people who just share a hall, bathroom or toilet with you.

I live with four students and share the hall, bathroom and the kitchen with them. Do I add them or not? I am also slightly concerned that two of them are not exempt from council tax (Their hours aren't enough), one of them is having their's included in their rent but the landlord hasn't given me a fucking dime yet of it and the other is denying it but I'm DAMNED sure he's not entitled (he's not entited to a student loan either).

What do I put? I'm so confused.

Comments

• Options
    Rule of tumb:

If you don't need a TV licence for your bedroom, you're living with them.
  • Options
    That's a bit of a pain because then they have to give over lots of their personal information to help me out. I'm not sure they'll agree to it either.

And ironically none of them seemed to have paid for their fricking TV license yet (ie. I have had to)
  • Options
    Unless some one in the know appears on here you're probably best off giving them a ring to check.

I believe shared houses are counted as one property for council tax.
  • Options
    i dont think youll have to add them since its a houseshare. They mean people who you live with like a partner, parents or your children.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, we're divided here. Strange grey area if you ask me. Will call them tomorrow :S