Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex seems disgusting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im 21 years of age and female and have not yet had a relationship or had sex. For the past year or so I have completely lost interest in sex, to the extreme now where I never think about it at all and if the subject comes up I feel it's disgusting and it makes me feel quite ill.
I haven't always been in this situation, as up until the age of about 15 I seemed to be equal to my peers in terms of interest in sex and relationships, however, when they began having sexual relationships I was sort of 'left behind', and my interest in sex has just faded away. I don't know if there is something wrong with me as when I told a friend about this he said it sounds unhealthy and not normal.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... why exactly do you think sex is "disgusting"? Have you had bad sexual experiences in the past, for example?
  • Options
    No, ive never had any sexual experiences before. My feelings towards sex are like its a really bizarre thing, 'why would anyone want that' sort of thing, it causes quite alot of trouble as well for example I feel very sick and angry if i see a couple kissing in the street or something similar.

KAo
  • Options
    I used to feel like that before having any sexual experiences too. Let's just say I definitely don't feel the same way now.

I'm getting the idea you're very uneasy with the idea of physical contact.
  • Options
    Yes I think youre right about that. I dont like the idea of somebody touching me or thinking of me in a sexual way because i cant do that myself.
    In the past people have liked me in that way but i could never feel the same way about them, I don't kno whether thats simply because i didnt find them attractive or because of a deeper issue about intimacy.
    I have also been sexually attracted to people in the past but they have never felt the same about me, and i am also beginning to wonder whether i unconsciously liked people who were unobtainable for the same reason. I suppose its hard to draw any comparisons because ive never known any different.
    KAo
  • Options
    Yes I think youre right about that. I dont like the idea of somebody touching me or thinking of me in a sexual way because i cant do that myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »

:yes: That's what I was thinking.

Just as one gets people at the far end of sex such as nymphomaniacs, for example, one would get people at the other end who have no interest in sex whatsoever.
  • Options
    for example I feel very sick and angry if i see a couple kissing in the street or something similar.

KAo

Perhaps you just want someone to kiss of your own.

I can't really compare but I pretty much can't stop thinking about sex but I think it's pretty normal at my age.
  • Options
    Well this is something I personally can't really understand (which disturbs/annoys me somewhat to the point that I would like to understand more [but don't feel pressured or anything lol])

My advice would be to try masturbation (which you may have already done). If it bothers you nobody has to know, it's your own personal experience for you to like, dislike, feel neutral or whatever you want about it.

All I would add to that is that masturbation is perfectly natural/normal so try not to think about it how other people would view you for it. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it, if you don't, you don't. Both are acceptable, since the only person you should judge yourself by is yourself (go self confidence). But then that is no reason to give up on sex the same as its no reason to go and have some dreadful first experience.

So go at your own pace, you can't expect things to just happen perfectly, most good things in life take work to get there, but I guess what I'm saying is do your best to live without regrets.

Oh yea, and also I don't really like watching public displays of affection, but I love doing it :D