Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oil in my pee

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
hmmm...very odd, but hey. When I have a pee, there seems to be a oily residue on the top.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This should help

http://medical.justanswer.com/infection/eqtm-appear-oil-urine-slick

It is normal to have a certain amount of what appears to be an oily residue in your urine, particularly if you let the urine sit for an extended period of time (e.g., more than 20 minutes). If the amount appears to be substantial, or if your urine is also milky in color, you should be seen by your doctor for tests - it may indicate an infection or something more serious. Technically the oily substance is caused by chyle, which is a naturally produced substance by the lymph nodes (composed mostly of fat and proteins).

Bottom line: If the color of your urine hasn't changed, and if you don't have any other symtpoms, you should be fine (but mention it to your doctor on the next visit). If the color has changed, or if you develop any other symptoms (such as pain or irritation), you should see your doctor.
  • Options
    You're not pregnant are you?
  • Options
    Not that I know of, I didnt think it was a sign either?
  • Options
    This should help

http://medical.justanswer.com/infection/eqtm-appear-oil-urine-slick

It is normal to have a certain amount of what appears to be an oily residue in your urine, particularly if you let the urine sit for an extended period of time (e.g., more than 20 minutes). If the amount appears to be substantial, or if your urine is also milky in color, you should be seen by your doctor for tests - it may indicate an infection or something more serious. Technically the oily substance is caused by chyle, which is a naturally produced substance by the lymph nodes (composed mostly of fat and proteins).

Bottom line: If the color of your urine hasn't changed, and if you don't have any other symtpoms, you should be fine (but mention it to your doctor on the next visit). If the color has changed, or if you develop any other symptoms (such as pain or irritation), you should see your doctor.

I have read that before, but it doesnt really mean anything to me.

I dont leave the toilet unflushed, and I have noticed it straight after.

But I suppose I am worrying over nowt!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Not that I know of, I didnt think it was a sign either?

It's not a sign of pregnancy, but it's a possible cause of oily urine.