Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to wear?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm stuck on what to wear for an interview on Friday. Whenever I go for interviews I always make an effort no matter what the job, I like to look smart! But I've been asked to go to an interview for a part-time job at Gamestation (I am in despret need of some game swotting, I know nothing :rolleyes: ) and the man said dress casual, but whats casual?! Do I wear what I would generally wear in the day? I'm guessing what I would normally wear for an interview wouldn't be classed as casual :no:
I'm stuck...I hate not knowing what to wear!

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    If you dont want to wear jeans then just some black trousers a top and cardigan over the top. Kind of smart/casual I guess. Good luck!
  • Options
    If you dont want to wear jeans then just some black trousers a top and cardigan over the top. Kind of smart/casual I guess. Good luck!

I haven't got black trousers but I have a few nice smart'ish skirts so I guess that could do with a nice top, some tights and some flats :chin:
  • Options
    It's gamers! Casual is Kappa trackpants and stained wifebeaters, 3 day beard and BO.

nah, just go in jeans and a wool pullover. He said casual, he gets casual, end of.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »

I haven't got black trousers but I have a few nice smart'ish skirts so I guess that could do with a nice top, some tights and some flats :chin:

sounds good!

ew matt :razz:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    3 day beard and BO.

The 3 day beard, not so easy. The BO...I could work on it ;)
  • Options
    I'd say jeans, plain top or jumper and nice shoes (leather boots or flat pumps, not trainers) :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Yeah I agree with crystal tipps.

I nice pair of jeans, a roll neck jumper and some boots.

Put a little jewelery on, but dont over do it. Noone wants to look like they have robbed Elizabeth Duke!
  • Options
    in a very terrible way i would suggest a skirt because i think it could go in your advantage if you show a bit of leg...

But only because its an interview at gamestation anywhere else i'd say go for jeans, smart shoes, top and jacket
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    in a very terrible way i would suggest a skirt because i think it could go in your advantage if you show a bit of leg...

My thoughts exactly ;)

I'm going with a skirt, funky tee, belt and cardi. It looks casual yet like I've not just shoved any old thing on.

All my jeans are a bit old and I don't think I've ever owned a roll neck jumper so thats a no :no:

But thanks for the help and suggestions, they have all been muchly appreciated :thumb: