Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Woodlice problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wasn't sure where to put this so move if its in the wrong place, but i've got a bit of a woodlice problem at the moment, maybe its cause of the god awful weather, but i cant go into my bathroom without seeing at least one, i cant even take a bath any more for fear they are gonna creep up on me, and now they're starting to spread out, is there anything i can do to get rid of them, i can tell one of the places where they are getting in, should i just close that up and see if they still get in or is there any bug killer i can get to get them outta my house, cause i need these wee pricks out!

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe try b&q or something, they usually have pest control. I'd close off the place they are getting in too
  • Options
    Try this link

http://www.preston.gov.uk/General.asp?id=SX9452-A77F58E3

It is because of the wet weather that you're getting them, they like the damp. The article says that in a warm dry room they'll die in a few days. Putting the heating on might help
  • Options
    I hate hate HATE woodlice.

I'm cold and paranoid just thinking about them :(
  • Options
    yeah i couldn't get to sleep last night cause i kept feeling like they were crawling on me
  • Options
    I like woodlice... admittedly I would prefer them outside than inside but of all the insects and buggy things I reckon they are my favourite - they are like little tanks!
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I hate hate HATE woodlice.

I'm cold and paranoid just thinking about them :(

Me too! I'm not keen on spiders and things but i just get on with it, but woodlice... they just aren't right! they are soo wrong. As such whenever i see them at work they either get a hammer on top of them, set on fire via a blow lamp or axed in half with a hacksaw.

What purpose do they serve?!
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    I like woodlice... admittedly I would prefer them outside than inside but of all the insects and buggy things I reckon they are my favourite - they are like little tanks!

You disturbed thing you!
  • Options
    They are cool though, they roll up into little balls when they are frightened, what more could you want?!
  • Options
    They are cool though, they roll up into little balls when they are frightened, what more could you want?!

Them to combust and run around setting each other on fire whenever i point my finger at them
  • Options
    You're mean...
  • Options
    they are like little tanks!

:D
  • Options
    I kept woodlice as pets when I was little. :blush: I love them... they're harmless. Don't kill them. :(
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I kept woodlice as pets when I was little. :blush: I love them... they're harmless. Don't kill them. :(

Yey another woodlouse fan!

RSPCW...

Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Woodlice!
  • Options
    You're wrong Splodge.

They are evil things and i'm going to destroy them all haa haa haa