Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lusting after my housemate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
very simple question - how do you get over a guy and stop finding him attractive when you live with him??

i cant stop thinking about him, but its killing me not being able to have him. we've slept together a few times, he made the first move only days after i split up with my previous bf. so, of course, im feeling emotionally vulnerable and have therefore got attached.
basically i cry myself to sleep most nights remembering how he held me while we slept.
ive tried to tell him how much i like him, but i couldnt do it. it'll just make things awkward because we live in a house share together. but i keep wanting to txt him telling him he's a total bastard for what he's done to me
im a serious mess about this people, so please please help?? :(

Comments

• Options
    Not being mean to you, but you have to move out. Its probably the only way you will properly move on. With him constantly there, theres no way you can get over him, you're not giving yourself a chance.
  • Options
    Moving out is all very well and good, but what of the financial consequences?
  • Options
    Well maybe share with someone else, but from experience you have to put some distance between yourself and an ex to get over them. Living under the same roof is never going to work.
  • Options
    mia.rose wrote: »
    from experience you have to put some distance between yourself and an ex to get over them. Living under the same roof is never going to work.
    Try reading the original post again, he's not an ex.
    I'd suggest you have a long hard think about what you actually want to hapen out of the situation then just try talking to him about it all.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Try reading the original post again, he's not an ex.

Ok, my experience was with an ex. But if you sleep with someone and then are trying to get over them because nothing else is happening, isnt it the same treating it as an ex?!?
  • Options
    Theres a difference between an ex (former commited relationship)

and just the odd few dips of someones wick.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

Is that really necessary? She's only trying to help.

Hey lost+confused - I'm really sorry to hear you are going through a rough time at the moment. Has he made any effort to try and speak to you since all what has happened? A

If you don't think he feels the same way about you as you do for him - Have you considered maybe looking to find another place? As I do agree with mia.rose, that if you do feel that strongly for this new guy, you may need to consider moving out to help you get over him. Out of sight, Out of mind as they say.

Alternatively, do you have any friends, you could spend more time with, just to get yourself out of the house and get him out of your head.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

:lol:
  • Options
    You say that you can't have this guy. Why not? How do you know for certain that he doesn't feel the same way that you do?