Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

support at long distance...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok... so... im not verry good at this and at the moment, am not sure where i should put this.

ive met a girl, its a long distance thing, and we've yet to meet but i do have pretty strong feelings for her... we've met on here, and... we are both selfharmers. we both have/had suicidal intentions and... well...

the thing is, im less active in my selfharm, and its something i feel i need to move away from... the suicidie, is something we are both trying to put off i feel...

thing is i want to support her. i want to be with her, which is verry difficult, being a we've never met, and the distance between us. its only like, 80 miles... im just entering sixthform and shes... well shes got a job. she cant drive far, and i wouldnt want her to drive her, and now im bantering on...

i just want to be able to support her and be there for her, but when she has (what i call spazz attacks when i have them, and i cant realy find a nice way to put it) if i say, negative emotions, i just dont know what im doing. i wouldnt EVER want her to not tell me when shes feeling "bad" i just want to show i care. i just find it difficult.

what can i do?:nervous:

Comments

• Options
    Wow thats rough mate, I really wish there was something I could say to help. How often do you two see each other? Is it a weekend thing? Is there a possibility you could take turns staying over each others houses every weekend?

LDR's can be tough and really test relationships but they can work! I know it's easier said, but try to stay positive. If the weekend thing is likely to kick off then she doesn't necessarily have to drive, trains are usually a good form of transport. Although I expect it's easier to drive.

Does she have these 'negative emotions' often? Also is there someone you can confide in other than her? ie, a friend or a family member?

Hope it works out though man! Best of luck!
  • Options
    we havnt met yet... im not concerned about the kinda "oh but you dont know who she is" thing. the first time im hopfully gonna get to see her is in october during my holidays...

the um... "negative emotions" are at the moment... regualr for her, but i know exactly what its like... i became hooked on s/h and stuff...

i dunno what you mean by confide in other than her... if you mean do i have other people to talk to, then yes i do, but she isnt so lucky... ive breifly tried to offerer her a person other than me to talk to but... i didnt want to press the subject...

thanks for the reply though...