Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Excess contraceptive pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been off the pill for a couple of months after actively chosing to stop taking it, only thing is I have about 5 packets of totally unused pills and it seems a total waste to bin them. Can I just give them back to the doctor?

Comments

• Options
    Soraliah will know for sure, but I'm pretty sure anything you give back just goes into the clinical waste bin as they can't give it to anyone else unless you've tampered with it.

Officially obviously you should give them to a doctor/pharmacist, unofficially I've disposed of excess packets when I've changed pill by donating them to a friend on the same one.
  • Options
    Take them to a chemist they will take them off you! Theres a big drive on to get excess medications off patients as it can waste the NHS a lot of money so they will be glad to have them off you.
  • Options
    Lol, thank you :)

I'll pop to the pharmacist now :)
  • Options
    Soraliah will know for sure.[/SIZE]

would I? :confused:

i dont know for certain, but i know that my step-dad who's a doctor doesnt take back pills from patients. same goes for my mum thats a nurse

but yeah, why not pop to the pharmacist and see if they do, wouldnt hurt!!
    I personally would just keep them in case u decide you want to go back on the pill again for whatever reason. I go through periods of being on the pill, then go off them for maybe 6 months (the dry spells :rolleyes: ) and then go back on em.
    at the moment i probably have about 8 spare 'packs' just waiting to be used :)
  • Options
    Doh, sorry! Done it again, there's someone else with a username that probably begins with S who works in a pharmacy.... :blush:
  • Options
    I took them to the pharmacist who just said she was gonna bin them. Fair play.

Soraliah - I don't wish to put myself on Microgynon 30 ever again!