Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wish me luck - driving test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got my driving test tomorrow so I've done the sensible thing and been roun a friends on the singstar with some beer so tomorrow I should still be chilled out :cool: but in all honesty I'm very confident with my driving and I've only had two so I'm fine for tomorrow. IF I fail, it will be because something went wrong on the day rather than any issues with my driving.

But as all human creatures I crave attention so decided to make a thread to say look at me :p. So wish me luck :thumb: although I should be fine! (I've had my bike licence for over a year and driving on the road, and a car is much the same... except for the controls of course but thats over in the first two lessons)

Comments

• Options
    oo good luck! I'm sure it'll be a bit easier being used to driving a motorbike around
  • Options
    Good luck matey moos. I'll have to send a gift or summat :D
  • Options
    JW-083.jpg
  • Options
    JW-083.jpg

Teeheehee
  • Options
    luckily I wont be going near any large bodies of water :D

Eugh, I threw up this morning :( but I'm ready to go!
  • Options
    Mines 2 weeks today :nervous: good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck! I'll be thinking of you. :)
  • Options
    You'll be fine :D
  • Options
    I failed, fecking examiner.

3 minors, 1 serious. He even said he wanted to pass me and he knows I'm safe, he said he wanted to overlook it but didn't see how. Basically I was coming out of a minor road onto a major road at a t-junction, cars parked on both sides of the junction so I have limited visibility, I creep forward, see cars approaching from the left (I was turning right), so I stop, with my front wheel over the line, car coming from right, so I saw a gap and went for it fine didn't cause any change of speed or direction, he just said the safety margin with the car approaching from the right wasn't enough.

Fair does its the examiners decision but he even said he wanted to overlook it because it was such a marginal decision. But c'est la vie.
  • Options
    At least you won't be a smarmy 'I passed first time' person :p

2nd time seems like a definite to me anywho :)
  • Options
    Well the ridiculous thing is I've already passed my bike test, he even said I was safe and fine on the road, he just marked it down because well it's up the examiner. I'm so angry because it's nothing I can do anything about.

So I'm not even having any more lessons, I just need to book another test to hope I get lucky. But of course I can't book a test in Leicester before halfway through october and I'll already be back at University then.
  • Options
    Bad luck, better luck next time.
  • Options
    Bad luck, but I guess you can't really ask anything else of the examiner if there wasn't enough of a margin. The usual it's better to play it safe malarky.

What about booking a lesson and a test for uni?
  • Options
    Bad luck, but I guess you can't really ask anything else of the examiner if there wasn't enough of a margin. The usual it's better to play it safe malarky.

What about booking a lesson and a test for uni?

Thing is, I reckon there was enough of a margin, even the examiner said it was borderline and the other car didn't change speed or direction, but there we go.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Thing is, I reckon there was enough of a margin, even the examiner said it was borderline and the other car didn't change speed or direction, but there we go.

Yup, just move onto the next one.

The decision is the examiner's to take, and they went this way on it. It doesn't matter what you think.
  • Options
    Ah big poo!
  • Options
    Bad luck, Shyboy. Still, if it makes you a safer driver, it's all good... :)
    At least you won't be a smarmy 'I passed first time' person :p

First theory test, 35/35
    Car test - passed first time
    Second theory test, 35/35
    Bike test - passed first time

Some of us are born with natural talent. Others are female. ;):D

I'm just kidding, before anyone starts having a go ;).
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

I had exactly the same thing on one of my tests, and felt exactly the same way.

But that's how it goes. Next time you won't do that.
  • Options
    Yea, I think I was just pretty gutted / upset about it earlier lol, I've chilled out a bit now and feeling much more positive - it's just one of those things isn't it! Even the best drivers make mistakes, and its not knocked my confidence either :) so onto the next one!
  • Options
    Spot-on. Everyone makes mistakes. To make one on a test is unfortunate, but at least you can learn from it and be a safer driver in future. Chances are if you'd made the mistake on the road, then nothing would have come of it. It's just unfortunate that you happened to do it on a test.

Your time will come :).

And, having ridden motorbikes for a bit, you'll already be better on the road than most new drivers. You'll already be looking for all the hazards and problems, whereas a new driver will quickly settle into the mindset of living in a cage :).
  • Options
    so did you get your license yet?
  • Options
    There is always next time. Good luck with it then! Sorry you didn't pass this time.
  • Options
    Bad luck, Shyboy. Still, if it makes you a safer driver, it's all good... :)

First theory test, 35/35
    Car test - passed first time
    Second theory test, 35/35
    Bike test - passed first time

Some of us are born with natural talent. Others are female. ;):D

I'm just kidding, before anyone starts having a go ;).

Damn youuuu! I'm just jealous really :p

I doubt I'll ever drive....I've really been put off by it.