Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being a festival steward

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone every been a festival steward in exchange for free ticket/camping etc? Just wondering if anyone knows how many hours a day you spend being a steward?

Comments

• Options
    My friend is doing that at Leeds and works a 12 hour shift which isn;t too bad is it!? In return for pay, tickets and camping! Go for it :)
  • Options
    Just one?
  • Options
    No I think it's a few, i'm not too sure how many. Sorry :(
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Has anyone every been a festival steward in exchange for free ticket/camping etc? Just wondering if anyone knows how many hours a day you spend being a steward?

Normall you have to work 2-3 shifts depending on how long your shift is and how long the festival starts for.

Shifts are 8-12 hours.
  • Options
    Also you have to pay them a cheque for the full ticket price and if you don't work for them they cash it. If you do all the shifts they ask you for they give you the cheque back at the end.
  • Options
    Also you have to pay them a cheque for the full ticket price and if you don't work for them they cash it. If you do all the shifts they ask you for they give you the cheque back at the end.

Some of them have even started asking for cheques which cost more than a festival ticket to discourage people from getting in and then just not turning up.
  • Options
    I have a friend who got into glasto and global gathering for free this way, and didn't do a minute of work...
  • Options
    Do people still use cheques? :o
  • Options
    It's nice to volunteer at a festival :) Just did it this summer, but not as a steward, had a more technological role.

Anyway, how much you should expect to work differs from festival to festival, but in general I'd say you should expect to work at least half the festival, hours in my experience could be from 6-12 hours.

Seems like many of the festival do the one day on, then one day off thingy.