Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wasps!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Fucking things. Winged evil.

That is all.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hate hate hate with a passion.

I had a lesson observation once and I had to stop it because there was a wasp and I freaked. Kids were really good and the person observing me had to remove it from the classroom before I could continue.

Hate hate hate wasps.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried to kill one earlier on.

I'd love to say that I was super manly and just punched it out of the air but really I just ran around squealing like a little girl until it landed. Then I hit it with a rolled up newspaper. When I went to pick up the body, it had vanished, like Michael Myers at the end of Halloween.

So it's still out there, somewhere. It might be sat watching me, masturbating. As in, it's the one having a wank. They have like, six legs, so they can do all kinds of kinky shit.
  • Options
    Wasps and a dreadful summer? Does not compute!

Not seen a single one in England this year yet. Saw one in France though.
  • Options
    Our old house had a wasps' nest in the wall near my room. I once grabbed a glass to make a drink, and found a wasp floating at the top - I was an instant away from eating it! Now I check glasses every time.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm scared of them (anything that has a sting really) but if I see one, I just try my best to make it go back outside.
  • Options
    One of the fuckers managed to crawl up my jeans and stung me the other day. Sore as fuck, still I'm not scared of them. If you act all scared in front of them the more they're going to pester you ime.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lately it seems there's one that has it in for me... I sit out on the balcony and suddenly it comes and starts flying around my feet, very close but still not touching me. Then it chases me until I get inside. It's happened 2-3 times.
  • Options
    I can't stand them. Once when I was at uni there was one flying around my head in a seminar and I had a panic attack :( I'm not much better now tbh.
  • Options
    Annoying but im not scared of em.
  • Options
    I work in a pub, and every morning have to take the bin of empty glass bottles round the back and put into the 3 different recycling bins. It takes me about 1/2 an hour to do because I spend most of the time doing the 'dodge the wasps' dance. Once there were so many a lorry driver who was going past on the road opposite actually pulled over and stopped to give me a hand :blush:
  • Options
    I had one flying around my head the other day when I was trying to take orders. One of the customers was like "there's a wasp on your head" and I was like YEAH I KNOW >.<.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I detest wasps - vile little creatures which serve no purpose but to irritate us!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I havent seen many at all this year, still hate them though!
  • Options
    Wasps? Hahaaa .. if you think these are evil, beware of the similar hornet that plays havoc on my island Kalymnos at this time of the year. Now these belligerent bastards mostly live in our mountains. Thankfully. But they're a menace to climbers, have yellowish abdomens, but grow to 3 inches long. And boy - are they mean!

Near where I lived was a natural spring where my neighbours gathered their water, for our island's tap water though de-salinated, is undrinkable. While casually people watching, as you do sometimes like a cafes, I saw a big bald headed man with tattoos all over his chest and neck come to collect his family's drinking water. He was carrying 2 x 10 gallon containers - and that's about average. But our hornets like water, and very much, so they thought this big man was raiding their supply. Buzzing angrily they went for him. But it was the comical sight of this man, flaying his arms about cussing at the top of his voice suddenly running away, his arms beating about like a windmill's. I laughed so much that I cried. :D

Poppi
  • Options
    ugh hornets are horrible creatures

got stung by one last summer :( sat down on a sun lounger in my garden in france and the massive 3-4 inch bugger was on the arm rest and i didnt notice. stinger went in and oooh it hurt. cried my eyes out, but i think that was more due to shock than anything :blush: i wouldnt normally cry at a normal wasp sting :p

jelly fish. they are also nasty buggers :no: stepped on ona them last week too. not nice
  • Options
    I'm not a wasp fan either!
  • Options
    I tried to kill one earlier on.

I'd love to say that I was super manly and just punched it out of the air but really I just ran around squealing like a little girl until it landed. Then I hit it with a rolled up newspaper. When I went to pick up the body, it had vanished, like Michael Myers at the end of Halloween.

So it's still out there, somewhere. It might be sat watching me, masturbating. As in, it's the one having a wank. They have like, six legs, so they can do all kinds of kinky shit.

Heh heh heh. Potw!

I think I'm allergic to the stings. They always aim for the same place on my foot and it always swells up.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    One of the fuckers managed to crawl up my jeans and stung me the other day. Sore as fuck, still I'm not scared of them. If you act all scared in front of them the more they're going to pester you ime.

Thats reminds me of the time one got under my duvet, down my pijama bottoms and woke me up by vibrating against my leg. I slapped it dead but got stung in the process.

So weird... (I was about 14 at the time)
  • Options
    I can't remember ever being stung by a wasp tbh. Haven't seen one this year. I've seen a few bees, but they're a lot nicer.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less about wasps. What I do find curious however is people who say that, when a wasp or bee comes anywhere near you, you should stand perfectly still. You don't wanna annoy it, apparently. The wasp is gonna love that, isn't he? He'll probably call over to his best mate "hey Bill, we've got another one of those lemons here" and before you know it, the whole bloody colony's swirling around you. :rolleyes:
    Bunnie wrote: »
    ...vile little creatures which serve no purpose but to irritate us!
    That's enough about me, thank you. :p
  • Options
    You have to be careful eating fruit around wasps and bees because they're attracted to the fructose. I heard that bananas have a chemical in that is similar to one of the markers bees put out for danger so eating a banana is sending out a danger danger signal to lots of bees.

But I'm not really fussed by wasps, I got stung in the eye by one when I was little and wasn't very fond of them, but then I destroyed a wasps nest and realised they're just little creatures like ants and the fear / anger was a bit irrational really.

Like an elephant being scared of a mouse!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Since getting an apiary full to the brim with bees flying stinging things don't really bother me so much.

I love my bees.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    That reminds me, i down in Sherborne looking at bees next week
  • Options
    Actually wasps only sting if you wave your arms about and piss them off. Dining outside, and you see one buzzing around your plate? Like a hornet, all the wasp wants is a bit of chow and then it'll go. Anyway they are cleaner than flies.

Interesting but when I was biking around my island, hornets avoided splatting into my helmet. They veer away but not wasps.
  • Options
    Speaking of wasps, did anyone see Big brother the other day, where they had tons of chewing gum and had to make a picture out of it, there were wasp's chasing the housemates ^_^ Was the funniest thing ever!

I hate wasps, I normally run like a girl and scream - Like everyone else!
  • Options
    Wasps can be useful. 5 angry wasps in a cigar tube = cheap vibrator :thumb:
  • Options
    *looks blankly at RubberSkin.* :| lol!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Wasps can be useful. 5 angry wasps in a cigar tube = cheap vibrator :thumb:

PM me for some urgent help. ;)
  • Options
    I am not 'scared' of them - although don't hang around to be stung.

I used to be all 'leave them alone and they will leave you alone', until I was stung just under my eye in a completely unprovoked attack while hanging out the washing. Since then, it's war. I will ruthlessly KILL any and all of them that come into my path.