Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any gues had testicular cancer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The last few days I have been getting these dull sharp like aches on my balls, the left one in particular and seems like it's kind of pushed up a bit so I dunno if I have done something to it or what, I've been having a search around down there and don't think I have found anything to abnormal, though my lower back in aching and stomach is a bit dodgy, I had read about cancer spreading if you get these aches in the abdomen and/or back.... any way, just wondering of anyone has actually had and knows anything more than whats already on this site?

Going to see someone tomorrow so should see whats happening down there.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you may have a testicular torsion. You're doing the right thing though by getting it checked out asap. I am sure everything will be okay tho ... :)
  • Options
    I ended up going to A&E because the pain got bad! He told me that he said it wasn't Torsion but Epididymitis. I have some meds which should clear it up because it fooking hurts.
  • Options
    In most males, the testicles are attached posteriorly to the inner lining of the scrotum by the mesorchium. When the mesorchium terminates early and does not attach the testis, this is called a bell clapper deformity as the testis is free floating in the tunica vaginalis, only attached to the spermatic cord, like a bell clapper. A bell clapper deformity is a predisposing factor for testicular torsion in non-neonates. Currently there is no recommended clinical examination for a bell clapper deformity.

Torsions are sometimes called "winter syndrome". This is because they often happen in winter, when it is cold outside. The scrotum of a man who has been lying in a warm bed is relaxed. When he arises, his scrotum is exposed to the colder room air. If the spermatic cord is twisted while the scrotum is loose, the sudden contraction that results from the abrupt temperature change can trap the testicle in that position. The result is a testicular torsion.