Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sunbeds.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Guess that's all I can think to put in the title. I was going to go on the sunbeds a few weeks back, but I thought I'd better wait and ask someone who's used them before, because I don't want to burn my skin, since it's already fair (Which is why I want to get a tan) so it would burn fast. I'm just wondering, since it's my first time, how long should I stay in them for? Then the 2nd time, etc.

I don't plan on going totally orange, I just want a mild tan, more so on my face and neck/arms, so I don't burn on them.

(I wanted to post this about 2 weeks back, but my laptop broke :rolleyes: )

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should really ask the tanning shop which you go to as they all vary in strength (especially between lay down beds and stand ups). But usually, you start with about 3 or 4 minutes the 1st and 2nd time, then go up a minute for the 3rd and 4th, then up another minute for the 5th and 6th and then stop increasing the minutes. They also recommend 48 hours inbetween each session to give your skin a break.

Just don't make a habit of it! Good luck :)