Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nerves and Worrying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
God knows why, but in quite a few situations I get worried nervous, to the point that it's stupid, my stomach feels like crap and I'm then pretty much constantly on the loo (excuse the graphic description there!)

It can be anything really - going somewhere new on holiday (I'd worry about missing the plane, something going wrong etc), meeting my parents (I have no idea why I'd be nervous and worried about this!), and probably lots of other stuff that I can't think about right now.

I know many people suffer from being nervous about things, and worrying too - but it's never had this effect on me. I mean, I used to do loads of exams at Uni and not flinch at the thought, but lately it's getting to the point where when I am nervous or worried about something it has a physical effect i.e needing to go to the loo lots.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I can totally relate to what your saying but instead of me wanting to go the loo lots i feel really really sick and it's over stupid things! I'm very jumpy too which gets me down lots :(
  • Options
    I'm the same too! I worry about everything and I really annoy myself when I do it! I know myself there is no point in worrying as what will be will be, but I still can't help it!
  • Options
    Might be worth a trip to the docs, could be an anxiety disorder. I can get like this too, but not really as bad. I found beta blockers helped (I sometimes have panic attacks too) because they slow down the release of adrenaline. Breathing exercises help too, 5 counts in through your nose and 5 counts out through your mouth, keep repeating until you feel calm.