Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hand Luggage bag

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I know I'm going to get slatted for this........
I'm going on holiday on Wednesday to Ibiza, but I dunno what bag to use as hand luggage, I was thinking about a shopper one I've seen one in Accessorize (I have vouchers to use) or I saw a roxy beach bag on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROXY-LIFE-SUMMER-FLING-BAG-BEACH-HOLIDAY-HANDBAG-GREY_W0QQitemZ120291515672QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
But I dunno!
Open to suggestions or ones that people may find, I don't need to take that much but want to be able to fit i a cardigan if needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    If you're flying with BA the biggest thats allowed! I normally take make-up, a small wash bag, a change of clothes, a bikini, a book, something to eat, a note book, a pashmina, pen and then all your documents...

So, a big ish accessorize bag might be good (i have a black and white bag i use as a weekend bag which is about the length of a keyboard and a little wider, and about 30 cm deep, and i've been able to live out of it for a week (and i'm not a renowned light packer either), just don't go too big, and think about where you're gonna want to have it, if its too big you can't put it under the seat...

hope that helps
  • Options
    Nice bag I like it.

For airport restrictions check out this or some of the other ones around:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Corporate%5EAll+Press+Releases/5b8a376a36547110VgnVCM20000039821c0a____/a22889d8759a0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

(Sorry the link has streamed).

But remember some airlines have slightly differing hand baggage weight/size preferences.

Poppi
  • Options
    I've been reading about the restrictions so was onna take minimal but obviously change of clothes if possible, I have a weekender bacg from Matalan but think its maybe too big I'm very short!! Been to town today was in Monsoon and there wasn't any suitable :( I ended up buying a bag from DP's its nice but dont think its big enough and another one from Warehouse http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/product/-/ACCESSORIES/STRIPE-TRIM-SATCHEL/7551

Now I dunno what to do?! Help!!!
    SHould I just order that one from ebay and take other 2 back or just use weekender one I have?!
  • Options
    I thought it was maybe too small so decided against it
    when we went to Primark there weren't any bags :( I got a weekend type bag from matalan dont like it though
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I'm confused - are you the same person? :confused:

Sorry yeh, for some reason I lost this account so I opened a new one and now i have one on my pc and one on the laptop - lol

This is the dorothy perkins one i got
    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=51589&parent_category_rn=51593&productId=745844&langId=-1
  • Options
    That one should be easily fine.

Some people on the flights we took in our holiday had some absolutely massive bags in hand luggage, like suitcase size. Noone seemed to care too much.

Except when we were on the teeny weeny plane first off, when a few people had their bags stored seperately, but that didn't seem to depend on their size.
  • Options
    what one?!?!?
    I'm flying from Glasgow the only thing is I've measured the matalan one and its just over by 2cm!!! does any one know are they strict
  • Options
    I didn't think they would but I thought they had a thing you put bags into and was worried it might be tight. Sorry not been on a proper holiday abroad for over 10 years!!!!
    Yeh I know they are all smaller, I saw the ideal one on accessorize website but no locals stores have them

thanks think i'll just stick with the matalan one
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    it'll be fine - no one is going to be getting a tape measure out! :) Seriously, I have people getting to the aircraft with suitcases that must weigh 15kg or something equally as stupid. Every bag you've posted a picture of is teeeeny in comparison

Mist - did u have a good holiday?

The best. Apart from our luggage staying in Frankfurt despite being in Manchester and then arriving to this god awful weather. It was 36 degrees in Rome :(

Currently sorting out photos :D
  • Options
    Mist - did u have a good holiday?

Yes thanks :)

I did see things for putting the hand luggage in to check it's size, but nowhere required us to do that. I think there would only be a fuss if you were trying to get a massive bag on a packed, full, plane.