Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The best place to meet fellow singletons

:wave:

I was just wondering people opionions on where the best places are to meet other single people? I'm female, 29 and been single for a year but never seem to meet anyone decent..and by that I mean someone who doesn't just want a quick fumble under the sheets!:rolleyes:

Any suggestions/experiences?

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seriously? Anywhere, everywhere!

I had a ball when single, and am only just now settling into the fact I have a girlfriend (been a few months..!).

I used to meet lots of lovely people when out and about - clubbing with people of the same mentality, or through friends of friends.
  • Options
    Really? I don't! Pehaps I'm just getting fussy in my old age! Haha. I don't go clubbing anymore...and when I do I usually just get some twat slapping me on the arse! Haha.
  • Options
    A lot of people wondering why they don't meet any new people when all they do is being at work and sitting at home. I always tend to say a small audience makes little applause. Let the world know you exist and you are bound to get to know new people and among those might be a keeper.
  • Options
    firesilk wrote: »
    Really? I don't! Pehaps I'm just getting fussy in my old age! Haha. I don't go clubbing anymore...and when I do I usually just get some twat slapping me on the arse! Haha.

:lol:

I'm 29 now, and loooooved being single from 21-28. Perhaps you need to choose where you go clubbing, but even going to some higher class bars could yield results. :)
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    :lol:

I'm 29 now, and loooooved being single from 21-28. Perhaps you need to choose where you go clubbing, but even going to some higher class bars could yield results. :)

I'm 29 also, was single from age 24-27 which was great but I was working abroad. I don't really mind being single but would like to meet someone in the near future. Most of my mates are now settled down with children so they don't really go clubbing and i'd feel a bit of a plum on my own! Haha
  • Options
    Time to make some new party friends ;)

This is one reason I love London. There is never any shortage of different circles of friends to entertain me :D
  • Options
    Time to make some new party friends ;)

This is one reason I love London. There is never any shortage of different circles of friends to entertain me :D

yeah I think you're right!
  • Options
    It's the way forward. Hanging out with your attached friends is not usually the best way to meet people - try finding just a couple of new single (or free for a night out leaving their partner at home) wing women, and you'll soon be rocking.

Try going to a few new bars and finding a couple of places you like. Go there a few times so you're comfortable with your surroundings, and I think you'll find things better.
  • Options
    It's the way forward. Hanging out with your attached friends is not usually the best way to meet people - try finding just a couple of new single (or free for a night out leaving their partner at home) wing women, and you'll soon be rocking.

Try going to a few new bars and finding a couple of places you like. Go there a few times so you're comfortable with your surroundings, and I think you'll find things better.

yeah sounds like a plan. tthanks :yippe:
  • Options
    At a train station....normally after 10 when everyone bit tipsy and merry ;) (ideally you want a bloke that isn't smashing someone head in so I'd avoid East Croydon like the black plague):eek2:

Pubs and bars are your best bet. No need for clubs unless the pubs and bars don't have any good talent for you.
  • Options
    firesilk wrote: »
    yeah sounds like a plan. tthanks :yippe:

Also, don't be afraid to approach guys you like. We do like that. It is the 21st Century after all ;)
  • Options
    Maybe you'd be better off trying this:

http://www.speeddater.co.uk/?ppc_cp=0000004895
  • Options
    Hi firesilk

There's an article on theSite on this topic find it here:-

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/singles/onthepull/wheretopull

I would say always be open to conversation whenever you see someone you like. Don't be afraid to start a conversation. By doing so you will be maximising the chance of meeting someone you like.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    You can meet people anywhere.
  • Options
    Yes you can meet anywhere, and some people are in the happier position that in normal life they have a lot of contact with people of the opposite sex and can get to "meet" people through their normal activity.

For others this is not so readily available and have to actually go out attempting to meet people. For this a "young professionals" kind of singles event or "speed dating" with young professionals in mind can be a better idea than a pub or club.

Some preparation for such an event may be a good idea for many people. Learning some social techniques, partly to ensure you don't put off your potential other in the first few seconds because unfortunately even at these events, the first impression can make such a difference.

This preparation can involve 3 things:
    1. Appearance. i.e. what to wear, how to groom yourself, etc.
    2. Body language such as eye-contact, etc.
    3. What to say and what not to say.

Hopefully we could give some advice here but for those rather wealthy young professionals that have been known to visit this board before (although a couple of them got banned) they might consider paying for this kind of advice.

Of course a nice personality is also a plus. Having either a huge superiority complex or an inferiority complex are both likely to drive anyone anyway.
  • Options
    Gigs?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Gigs?

Not a bad idea actually if you like small indie bands.
  • Options
    Go Clubbing!!!
  • Options
    what if you are a guy and have no one to go out clubbing with?