Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Up and down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a very up and down person... I can be hit by moments of intense passion where I cannot sit still and sometimes even need to run it off.

But then sometimes I just drop and feel low, sometimes I even think about suicide. When I am low I get paranoid as well.

I am also have days of random anger.

I'm just wondering if this is 'normal' or 'healthy'.

Comments

• Options
    Everyone has it to some extent. From elation to suicide though sounds like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
  • Options
    Yeah... I am not as extreme as bipolar tho (but thanks for the reply)
  • Options
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Yeah... I am not as extreme as bipolar tho (but thanks for the reply)
    Then I wouldn't worry too much, everyone has it to greater or lesser extents. I think about suicide now and then when things occasionally go very wrong, but wouldn't dare do anything so doesn't matter.. if not bipolar I wouldn't worry abt it.
  • Options
    Does going up and down affect your everyday life such as school/work and relationships?
  • Options
    T-Kay wrote: »
    Does going up and down affect your everyday life such as school/work and relationships?
    Yes, it can do.

It affects my relationships more than work... I find it difficult to hold down a romantic relationship. I can go too fast when I'm hyper and be mean spirited when I'm not.