Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Falling in Love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might end up fraying into a whine after a bit, but basically, I met this guy on a month-long german course, we got together, it started off as a bit of fun, but in the end, I think I fell in love. I have never felt this intensely about anyone before. He told me he loved me, and I said the same... it sounds really rushed and juvenile, but I have never understood anyone, or been understood by anyone in the way I understood him and he understood me--not friends, not boyfriends, not family, nobody. The catch is that he lives in france and I live in india. I'm now back in bombay and he's in paris, and even though i'm going to paris in a couple of months, i don't know what to do. I don't know if he really felt the same way about me (he said he did...), and I don't know if it'll last, all I know is that it hurts like fuck and I don't know what to do. Is it possible to love someone after knowing them for a month?

Comments

• Options
    Yes it is possible. I fell in love with my ex after a month and it was long distance. I know it hurt's like hell being so far away from someone you love and i hope you guy's find a way to make it work.

If you really wanna know if he meant what he said about loving you then ask him.

Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck hun :thumb: xx
  • Options
    aww thats lovely. Of course its possible. I did!
    I hope the next couple of months till you can see each other again dont drag too much
  • Options
    Yes just look at Pill'Ed!
  • Options
    ^^ I'm a lot younger than Pill'Ed. So I can't exactly go live in France, much as I'd like to.
  • Options
    Maybe you could tempt him to come to Mumbai (only joking!)

I guess the only thing you can do is to keep in touch in between now and when you go to paris and see what happens. It will hurt loads so its probably better to ask him sooner rather than later what his true intentions are - other wise you could be setting yourself up for a big fall.
  • Options
    Yeah, guess I will have to have a serious conversation... over the phone. Shit. I get really nervy over the phone, but I'll just have to get used to it. Am going to try and call tonight. Don't really know what to say...
  • Options
    aww thats lovely it would be hard like but if its worth it i dont see why not!! i thought i had it bad my boyfriend lives about a hour away from me... just hope the future brings the best for ya.. good luck:yippe:
  • Options
    Humm maybe don't say anything yet - just talk and see how it goes - i think you will get an idea if you had a good or a bad conversation at the end of it.....

You coudl end with an I miss you and judge his reaction maybe
  • Options
    it is possible, of course

but i know from experience, that language courses abroad are a veritable hotbed of people sleeping around and having fun. doesn't necessarily lead somewhere. away from home, melting pot of exotic looking foreign guys/ girls...they're great fun but you gotta be careful...

i wish you all the best but thats a long distance for someone so young...

only thing i'd say; its better to regret that you did try something, and it didn't work...than to not do anything and have to wonder about it...