Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does she like me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I met up with a girl a few weeks ago, I had been out with friends from my old work and they introduced me to the new girl who replaced me, she's really nice and we got chatting away and seemed to hit it off pretty well.

Since then we've chatted briefly, I've asked if she'd like to meet up and she's said yes. Brilliant!

She's not been the most chatty of people though, infact she's not got intouch with me unless I've got intouch with her first.

She is really busy with her hobbies taking up much of her time out of work and she would like to get to know me better before we start properly seeing each other, which is fair enough I'd like to do the same.

Met up with her at the weekend, she was playing in a band and she invited me to come over and watch. It was really good and we seemed to get on well again, had a good laugh with her and her mates. Afterwards she said she'd like to do it again sometime.

I've asked her again if she wants to meet up and we've got something arranged for tonight, it's her sisters 19th tonight and she's going for a meal with her sis and her sisters mates, not what I'm really looking for, I want to see her on her own without having other people about to distract us but I can't seem to get that to happen. Don't get me wrong I don't mind going and it is a chance to see her but I just get the feeling that she would rather be mates than want anything more to happen.

Apart from tonight she'll be really busy and then she's off to Spain for a fortnight. Am I just being silly? Is there something there? I just don't know at the moment but I hope there is.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds liek she likes you, but i would no go out for a meal as the +1.

I don't see why she would invite you in fact. Maybe you should invite her somewhere instead?
    Yeah I'm unsure about going tonight. I dunno if she'd rather have other people around her or if she's trying to fit me in somehow so we can meet up.

I did ask her if she wanted to do someat and she came back with this. She did text me last night with it and I didn't reply until this morning because I wasn't sure, the trouble with her not being the most chatty of people I don't know what time they're all going. She's working so I guess I'll have to wait until she can text.

I dunno for someone who seems interested she must be the most uninterested person ever! :)
    Just tell her you don't want to be the +1, can you come meet you another time.

she's got to show she's interested zat some point otherwise you'll just move on.

If she can't make any effort i'd move on personally.
    Just got a text off her now just saying 7. Just gonna tell her I'm working a bit late tonight so I won't be able to make it and see if she'll meet me another time.
    I've said I can't do tonight and asked her if shes free anyother time? Came back saying she's going for a drink with her sis on friday, I am working then! Told her when I'm free but she seems to be busy and skint. Just left it with her we could go to a pub and have lunch whilst she's working. See what she says to that but I don't think I can be too bothered chasing this girl if it's going to be like this all the time.

Time to find someone else I think!
    OMG are you mental - she clearly likes you and wants you to meet her sister/ family!

Inviting someone to a family birthday meal is a BIG thing.
    It's not a family meal though, it's her, her sister, her mate from band and her sisters mates.

I would have gone out friday night with her and her sis but I'm working, that would have been fine.

I've suggested we meet up for lunch, will have to wait til after work and see what she says.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    OMG are you mental - she clearly likes you and wants you to meet her sister/ family!

Inviting someone to a family birthday meal is a BIG thing.

I find it really weird that he's invited to a birthday meal as well with family included. Especially if she's saying she's too skint and busy to meet him on her own.

-
    If she says no to the lunch and comes with some bizarre excuse then yeah I don't really think she's that interested. I mean, when I meet somebody I'm really interested in I really just want to be meeting them on their own to begin with! In fact I'd feel pretty weird if they wanted to meet me with somebody else unless it was a party and I had met them before.

I also think that if she told you she wanted to get to know you better before you got together she might be taking you to that meal as a friend or something. It doesn't really make sense to take you to dinner with her sister if she is so reluctant to meet you on your own. It'd never occur to me to take somebody I've just met and barely know to a dinner with family members and friends. It's an invitation for awkwardness.
    That's exactly how I'm feeling, I just feel awkward about it. Saturday was great, the music was fantastic and I had a really good time but I went out not knowing anybody and I only knew a little about the girl I was with.

She might be making a real effort to try include me but I want to meet her and get to know her, I can get to know her friends and family another time.

We'll see what happens, she's off to Spain next week for a fortnight and I really want to see her before she goes but there's no point if I can't get to know her.

I know her dad is pretty strict with things though, wants to know where and who she's with so dunno if that might have something to do with it but I'm very very confused about it all.
    Well she got back to me, she only has half-hour lunches so there's no time to meet up really. Just text her no worries and left it at that. It's upto her now but sadly I think thats that.
    Inviting you to an event with a family member present, even if its just one, shoes that shes interested. She might even have had her sister expecting you to come so she could suss you out and see that you are the cool guy that (the woman you are after) says you are.