Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Razors for legs!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had enough with my legs being covered in cuts/blood every time I shave my legs, I need a good razor that doesn't leave my legs in such a bad condition :) Any recommendations? Pref. disposable :)

Comments

• Options
    wax them instead why not

i thought this was about ahving razors for legs
  • Options
    Use a mens razor.

Why preferably disposable, incidentally?
  • Options
    I just find it easier using a disposable, I've used electric before, etc but they aren't as good imo.
  • Options
    What about a proper razor? As in one where you change the blades rather than disposable? Generally shread legs much less.

I use the Aldi mens one of those.
  • Options
    what do you use now?
  • Options
    ^^ this

I got a gilette venus vibrate type thing from boots when it was on offer for about £4.

It definitley does not cut or make my skin sore like a disposable one did.
  • Options
    I use Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Beauty (coloured in green and purple). I have tried so many different disposables and these ones are by far the best. Leaves them lovely and smooth and you can use them every day for about a week until you throw them away. Don't press too hard the first few days though...the longer you use it, say the 3rd day, press a bit harder and still works great!
  • Options
    firesilk wrote: »
    I use Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Beauty (coloured in green and purple). I have tried so many different disposables and these ones are by far the best.

I second this. I wouldn't buy any other type of disposable razor now. :)
  • Options
    I've got the vibrating venus one and had the same battery in for a year now and it's still fine. I wouldn't go back to normal razors now, it reduces friction and I've never cut myself with it.
  • Options
    The vibrating ones are great.
  • Options
    I have cut myself like twice, small nicks in years and years of shaving my legs. I don't know how people manage to cut themselves to shreads like all the time. I'm not particularly careful and I just use cheap shaving cheap and cheap razors, cheapest disposible one's going.

I always wonder how people manage to cut themselves so much.

But yeah, doesn't help the OP!
  • Options
    The skin on my legs is just shit tbh.

It's all bumpy and raised like you get on the backs of your upper arm if you get me.

Therefore shaving my legs is not easy and they get cut well easy cause of it.
  • Options
    I use a men's gillette mach 3, it's much better than any women's razor I've used and it doesn't fanny about being pink and sparkly either.
  • Options
    I use the old gillette venus from before the days of pink or vibrating and have never cut myself. Keep thinking about buying a new one but don't really see the point.
  • Options
    I use the Wilkinson Sword Quattro for Women (Pink one) I like it because it has four blades and shaves really close.
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    The skin on my legs is just shit tbh.

It's all bumpy and raised like you get on the backs of your upper arm if you get me.

Therefore shaving my legs is not easy and they get cut well easy cause of it.

In which case, you need a decent body scrub. Use it a couple of times a week and you'll soon have smooth legs. I recommend Flake Away by Soap and Glory (pink pot) from Boots. Magic stuff :D
  • Options
    I've just started using a four blade razor and it's driving me nuts - I have to scrape really hard. Before this I was using a two blade razor* from Boots which was great, just slid it over the skin and bingo, but I left it on holiday so got the four blader cos they're supposed to be better - anyone else find they can't use four bladed razors or am I just weird?

* mens razors, cheaper and no pink glittery nonsense - agree with whoever said that :thumb: