Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another where do i meet people thread...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
without giving a lot of information, i've decided to move on from hoping and wishing that something will happen between me and someone i've had feelings towards for a very long time, if it happens it happens, and if it doesn't then it doesn't and i don't think me sitting around and waiting for the outcome is a good idea.

So, I'm back on the market...and its quite a scary place to be! Went to a club night last week, loads of nice guys (not many girls that even looked my way), went and talked to a few and was flirting a bit (and they were flirting back), only to find they were taken...and that happened twice! I don't seem to do small talk well, and guys seem to find me more that a little off putting...i don't know why men no long come up to me, it takes so much effort for me to come to you, and i though you liked the chase?

Anyway, i've decided that i am definatly not dating anyone from my local, cos they really seem to all be either messed up, or wanting one thing and one thing only. And although that would be fun, i am looking for a little bit more. I don't want a full on heavy relationship, but it would be nice to have someone to spend some time with, and go out with a bit and if it progresses then great if it doesn't then fine...

But where do people meet people they have gone on to date?
it sees like my local and the tube (not the greatest of places by far) are the only places i tend to be, where people i know have met people..

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    At the zoo
    At the Louvre
    In a newsagents
    At the 2nd seat from the back downstairs on a number 59 bus
    Down that mysterious hole in the ground at the park that everyone avoids
    3 quarters of the way up ben nevis

..thought i'd give a random answer for a change :p
  • Options
    I usually find the most likely matches through friends of friends....
  • Options
    Join a group, be it art or books or creative writing or match stick modeling - anything really other than just the normal pissed up pub environment.
  • Options
    could prove difficult in london but i'll give them all a go...(apart from icey's cos i hate paris, i never take the 59, and ben nevis... no chance!)
  • Options
    ......and having done all those remarkable suggestions, try and meet again on neutral ground like a nice caff with plenty of people around.

And good luck. :)

Poppi
  • Options
    without giving a lot of information, i've decided to move on from hoping and wishing that something will happen between me and someone i've had feelings towards for a very long time, if it happens it happens, and if it doesn't then it doesn't and i don't think me sitting around and waiting for the outcome is a good idea.

So, I'm back on the market...and its quite a scary place to be! Went to a club night last week, loads of nice guys (not many girls that even looked my way), went and talked to a few and was flirting a bit (and they were flirting back), only to find they were taken...and that happened twice! I don't seem to do small talk well, and guys seem to find me more that a little off putting...i don't know why men no long come up to me, it takes so much effort for me to come to you, and i though you liked the chase?

Anyway, i've decided that i am definatly not dating anyone from my local, cos they really seem to all be either messed up, or wanting one thing and one thing only. And although that would be fun, i am looking for a little bit more. I don't want a full on heavy relationship, but it would be nice to have someone to spend some time with, and go out with a bit and if it progresses then great if it doesn't then fine...

But where do people meet people they have gone on to date?
    it sees like my local and the tube (not the greatest of places by far) are the only places i tend to be, where people i know have met people..

any ideas?

You can meet people anywhere. what are your interests? Maybe find a group that shares your interests and go on from there.
  • Options
    I'm from London, so for me, it's not so much a question of meeting people, it's a question of overcoming the dodgy stares that you get if you so much as look at somebody in the wrong way.

Try pulling in rush hour on the tube. Now that takes some artful todgering.

I usually rely on friends of friends to get me my bacon. I mean, women. I mean...life partners.
  • Options
    The people I've dated have tended to be friends of friends, or guys I've met in clubs, or at work.
  • Options
    In your case twisted_trinity, I would have to say I met in my time many like you and could never get anywhere with them because inside they always hoped that their real love would come calling for them. If you are trying to date just to "show" him that may work well for you but won't be that nice on the guys you are dating.

As for places to go, see my comments on the other topic, but I really think you need to make yourself completely unattached first to give other guys a fair chance.