Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mind Played With

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Known someone for a while who has kept changing their mind on me. Initially they liked me I hardly knew them told them to back off. Started speaking again. Hung out etc. Liked them again said they didnt want a relationship. Then they decided they liked me again told me they were in love with me and how they didnt know what to do as i was now with someone else. Next thing I realised I still liked them. Said how would you feel if I ended things with them for you. Said they were noty sure. Then said they wanted to be with me, half an hour later changed their mind and went absolutely silent on me. Biggest mind player I have met so far. In this last period of time they gave me gifts, turned up at my work to surprise me and at my house to surprise me where they gave my parents a CD for me. Messaged me and rang me all the time. Told me they missed me after only two days. Became friends with one of my friends. I feel totally messed around. I guess at least I know now. Just can't believe it in a way. I could never be asked to play with someones head that much!

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you're messing them around just as much as they are you..
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    It sounds like you're messing them around just as much as they are you..

I can see how it may seem like that. But I wasnt going to say yes to going out with someone after only meeting them once! That was the start of it! I suggested we saw how things went. Then I liked them yes and I have let them know which I have been consistent with. Guess it's time to move on. Not sure they are even worth keeping as a friend the way they have seemingly lied about their feelings.
  • Options
    tlsos wrote: »
    Sit down and have a thorough talk with them,it might help.

Well the thing that puts me off this idea is that when they decided against having anything with me or were 'confused' in response they went absolutely silent on me it was really quite un nerving! It just made me think in the end it's probably not worth it. They have messaged me apologising in a really oddly worded way. Maybe not too good at expressing themselves. But I said I don't want anymore contact as this confusion from their side has been going on for sometime now and I'm not sure I really need this going on in my life. They may well feel bad but I am just not willing to be messed around as there are so many people out there as I keep telling myself. Being friends would be hard with them as I am convinced every few weeks tehy would change their feelings about me even in a friendship.