Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tinted Lenses & Reading Text

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to a needs assessment today. I mentioned something about it being easier to read stuff written on yellow paper instead of white. This isn't a problem for the department to sort out.

Anyway, they asked if I wore tinted (yellow) lenses as they may help. if I was to wear tinted lens, would this mean that everything written in black or navy would be a strange (not navy/black) colour?

Comments

• Options
    Black usually comes up as black, I think it would make the white paper appear yellow thus giving you the yellow background that you get with the yellow paper.
  • Options
    I'm assuming you will be seeing an optician. They'll be best to ask and give the best advice about what type of tint should your eyes need it.
  • Options
    Have you tried using yellow plastic wallets on the things you read?
  • Options
    Black and dark navy still look black/dark navy through tinted lenses, although it's usually harder to tell them apart.

It's exactlly the same effect as having the tint on the paper, just means it gets applied to everything.
  • Options
    not really, it you get used to it very quickly and everything looks the same but easier to see.

BUT!

make sure you get a proper irlens assesment, (if you haven't had one already), because yellow actually makes me feel physically sick, and thus why i have pink instead.

but i do still find things easier to read if they are on pink paper, even though i have pink lenses, but i have really severe irlens syndrome.
  • Options
    I don't have Irlens; I have Nystagmus.

Thanks everyone.

I do have one of those yellow plastic wallets and they make reading so much easier. Doesn't seem to affect the colour of the writing.