Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Havaianas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've seen these advertised in various magazines, has anyone actually got a pair and are they worth buying? I'm thinking they'd be good on holiday for the pool, room, beach
Any cheap sites?

Comments

• Options
    I've got a pair, my sister got me them from Australia. There comfy but I can't really tell the difference from other flip flops apart from the fact they are made of rubber. I just like them because of all the colours you can get them in!
  • Options
    iv got two pairs, i love them and think they're really comfy. i find a lot of other flipflops the toepost thing or whatever its called always starts to hurt me but with havaianas they dont. plus like piecesofme said they come in lots of colours :D i got mine in america so they were a lot cheaper, so no help sorry! hehe.
  • Options
    Yeh its the patterns and colours I like, have had a look on ebay and found a place in Glasgow that sold them so emailed them for prices but not heard back, seen some on ebay that are lovely but its 8.90 postage!!!!!!

Do you know where else you could buy them abroad? I'm going to Ibiza in August think I'd get some there?
  • Options
    yeah i would have thought you could get them in ibiza. they were out in spain etc quite a while before they were out in england. i got my first pair from menorca when i worked there :]
  • Options
    i live in portugal and I can bet that everyone here has a pair of those xD it's really common and I find them really confy (and they have diferent styles too, not just the "ordinary" ones that have that thing between you big toe XD)

the only reason we use them a lot is because they are fit to last for ages! I have ones for 3 years (in white with butterflyes) and when it comes to the summer I wear them almost everyday and they still look like new!
  • Options
    Get yourself to Brazil! They are about a pound or two a pair there depending on the style and the exchange rate. Of course the travel to get there might put the price up a bit (or more than a bit really) but you won't be disaapointed I promise! I've got a couple of pairs I picked up on trips out there myself and have certainly bought back a lot of pairs for other people, it seems to be a very requested item. Actually to be honest I'm not sure that they are any different to any other brand of flip-flop, they are just popular and here people like them as they are expensive.
  • Options
    ive got 2 pairs recently, a gorgeous grey pair from urban outfitters and a tealy/turquoise pair from office. they were £15 each, i dunno if thats expensive, i just really wanted them. they dont melt or wear away and are comfy. yay.
  • Options
    I had a pink spotty pair when I went travelling and they were the comfiest things ever. They don't break either. But after 6 months of wear they looked pretty terrible so I chucked them. That was 5 years ago, bought my second pair last month and although they gave me blisters at first, they're fine now. Just got the black brazil ones. I don't really like the look of rubber flip flops but for comfort value you can't really beat them.
  • Options
    My boyfriend swears buy them.

Personally saw some of the same look and to my eye, quality in Primark for a pound yesterday...