Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

spotting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep spotting :(

ive been on the pill for about 6/7 years now (the same one) but ive never spotted like this before. its almost everyday.

i missed a few pills in a last pack but thought it wud be ok and carried on having unprotected sex with my partner.

is there a possibility i could be pregnant and thats why im spotting?

as im on the pill, im unsure when to take a pregnancy test.

Comments

• Options
    The only way for sure to know is call your doctor.

Poppi
  • Options
    It could be any number of things, it could be breakthrough bleeding if you've run packs together for a long time, or it could be pregnancy. Is the spotting heavy or painful, because if it is it could be the signs of miscarriage.

If it's a big problem go see your doctor, we can't diagnose over the internet.
  • Options
    I'm not meaning to scare you, but I had the same thing a year ago and found out I was actually miscarrying. Even missing one pill makes it possible for you to become pregnant. My spotting was only very light and not painful at all. Just to be on the safe side I would do a pregnancy test and see your nurse for a check up. A sexual health MOT would be a good idea to as many STDs can lead to spotting.

Hope you get on ok. take care x
  • Options
    firesilk wrote: »
    I'm not meaning to scare you, but I had the same thing a year ago and found out I was actually miscarrying. Even missing one pill makes it possible for you to become pregnant. My spotting was only very light and not painful at all. Just to be on the safe side I would do a pregnancy test and see your nurse for a check up. A sexual health MOT would be a good idea to as many STDs can lead to spotting.

Hope you get on ok. take care x
    You don't even need to miss a pill to get pregnant!
  • Options
    True! There's always that 1%.