Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Email client in a network

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the best sort of email client to use in a school network?

We wanted outlook, but they say because of the way the networks set up it would'nt work. :(

Something that is very user friendly with a calender is required, we were thinking about thunderbird...

Comments

• Options
    Thunderbird is a good option but check this out as well,

Zimbra (owned by yahoo) && its also free, open source and it has calender as well.
    http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop_features.html

But is suspect that zimbra or Thunderbird will work there if outlook is not working.
  • Options
    Wicked I'll take a look.

I think he was saying that everytime they go to opent he application you would need to import your settings and account all over again.

Does Zimbra support the roaming profile thing?
  • Options
    We had Thunderbird at uni, but I work within a college now and we have Outlook and it works fine.
  • Options
    You can get gmail for school networks - Sky have switched all their millions of broadband customers to using Gmail so they must have faith in it.
  • Options
    I don't see how that's going to work =/ The email addresses are not controled by the school but the local borough so a program that simply pulls the email down