Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fed up ....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I'm fed up!!
I'm 26 and I've all the guys I've been involved with no matter for how long they have never taken me out anywhere or bought me a drink when we have been out, I feel I have just been used.
I haven't had any male contact (to put it a nice way!) for 14 months now and I said I'd wait but I'm getting fed up.
Why do I just seem to attract idiots and users, also every guy has cheated on me, I don't know what I do to deserve it, I can honestly say I've not done anything wrong, I'm not a bunny boiler, I'm not pushy, everyone says I'm a nice person but yet I'm still single!!
When I go out I don't dress like a slut or anything either, so I am not giving the wrong impressions either, I just don't understand it, my mates don't either.
Sorry for the rant I'm just sick of it, everyone has a b/f just now except me all my mates do, my cousins, everyone!!! Even all my cousins do!!
Rant over......

Comments

• Options
    I don't honestly know why guys pass you by but have you ever thought of doing an adult course where you can develop friendship while learning? About a year ago I joined a creative writing class that not only improved my writing but also I made a really nice friend who actually is a few years older than me.

His name is Michael, a male nurse and it was last February when we met at the same hospital where mummy was dying. He was so kind to me and now we write a lot, but Michael took me out to places and made me feel so special.

So there are guys around if perhaps you could consider going on some course. just a suggestion.. good luck. :)

Poppi
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Stary Eyes,
    It sounds like you've had some pretty unfortunate experiences with guys in the past and it sounds like your confidence has taken quite a knock. Please be reassured that there are good guys out there and you're bound to meet some if you're willing to try some new things.

While you might not fancy taking an adult learning course as suggested by AccessDenied, her experience illustrates a really valid point which is that often people meet the best friends/potential bf/gf when they are doing activities they enjoy and are meeting like-minded people. Perhaps have a think about where you've met guys up to this point and think about whether or not there are alternatives?

Also, expanding your circle of girlfriends may help your situation as when you meet lots of interesting people of either gender, it can take your mind off initimate male contact, boost your confidence and lead to a chance meeting with a decent guy when you least expect it. It's the biggest cliche going, but it's so often the case that people really do meet the good 'uns when they least expect it.

Finally, try not to compare yourself to others. While it may be the case that lots of people close to you have boyfriends, it doesn't necessarily follow that they are happier for it. It's completely possible and not unusual, for young women to be single and happy.

Take care and let us know how you get on. :)
  • Options
    Hi
    I'm also Starry Eyes for some reason I have 2 log ins but when I try and use just one log in on 2 computers it doesn't accept me!
    I really dunno what to do there is nothing to do around here, no classed take my eye, its hard to meet people around here everyone my age has moved away etc very hard to make new friends I've been used by so called mates for years until now I have found some decent ones and ones I can even trust to go on holiday with cos they won't be nasty to me or make fun of me or use me for money or my kindness.
    I know this sounds stupid but I started talking to someone on this internet years ago and i've not spoken to him for ages so I thought I'd email him cos he always cheers me up and email was returned unknown address, I feel strange cos I really wanted to talk to him, but dunno how I can find him, really wanted a chat and he's not there........
    I just want a hug......
    I just dunno what to do, there isn't anyone at work everyone keeps themselves to themselves so no work nights out.
    I'm ill just now been off for 9 weeks for work so can't do much, went back today and only lasted 4hours max and was advised by head of HR to go home and put my health first so i have done. I joined the gym in October but I've hardly been again due to ill health so I really dunno how else to meet people. Was talking to my friend the other night about it and she doesn't know what else I can do either.
    Best option is to shoot myself
  • Options
    aaw

I know im not like an adult or anything but dont worry i feel like everyone has a boyfriend too and im like the only one who doesnt :( i just broke up with my boyfriend and i think he used me like that.... its really annoying i know but atm im just trying to do things for myself and get myself sorted.
    I know none of that will of helped you but i just thought id say :)
  • Options
    I know none of that will of helped you but i just thought id say :)

You sweet girl. :)
  • Options
    You feel used if they don't buy you drinks?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You feel used if they don't buy you drinks?

I think its more about being treated once in a while rather than feeling like you're just there. I.e. made to feel that you're special to the guy and not taken for granted. It's a fairly common issue :chin:
  • Options
    Do you think that maybe you're not making enough demands?

I used to be pretty soft when it came to men and didn't act very self assured, I was just happy if I got some male attention! Then I realised I was attracting all the wrong sort of people that I really didn't want anything to do with so I raised the bar a bit and stopped having patience for men I don't want in my life. I also made a short list of the things I want the most in a man. Just some basic things to find something on my level without eliminating everybody and their dog.

I'm still single but I'm getting in touch with more men that I feel I have something in common with, men that are sane!

I think that if you draw the line and decide what YOU are worth, then it ultimately helps you track down what suits you. It's my belief that if you know what you want, you radiate more self confidence and people pick up on that.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    You sweet girl. :)

Thanks :blush: well what can i say i try and help out when i can :D even if it doesnt make any sense which half the time it probably doesnt!
  • Options
    What sort of blokes do you go out with?

If you want a decent bloke there are lots out there go look!! Do you have unrealistic expectation of how bloke should be with you though?

You might be attracting the idiots and users because that's what you've grown use to and your not breaking the cycle. Being nice person doesn't get you far in life nor does it get you far in relationship IMO. Try a new approach to life, you don't have to change dramatically just little bits. Go to new places, act a little meaner, say NO to the losers and users!!!

Try dressing slutty too? :naughty: Think outside the box!

And Relax - not everyone has a bf. Even if you found yourself a bf you may notbe happy!! There are loads of couples that are unhappy etc! Grass may seem greener on the surface but it's not always the case underneath.

By all means rant and rave if it helps but learn to love yourself whilst being single. Once you've attain that you'll no longer seem desperate for bf and guys will stay longer then to just bang you few times.
  • Options
    Well, in "thinking outside the box" (quoting Harmless) I wouldn't dress slutty. Or you'll get to collect only those interested in sluts. So why not just be happy to be single for a while? Wear a slight smile as you walk along. Some guys will see you as someone who is self-possessed and perhaps become attracted to you.
  • Options
    Well, in "thinking outside the box" (quoting Harmless) I wouldn't dress slutty. Or you'll get to collect only those interested in sluts.

Haha I fail to see problem :p