Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Allergic Reactions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am fed up and looking for suggestions anyone might have.

Am allergic to insect bites and stings, not anaphalatic (or at least not yet) but massive skin reactions.

I currently have a bite on the back of my knee that has swollen up to larger than my hand and is the usual bright red, hot and hard with a nice white ring around it.

Currently taking anti histamines (Piriton and Telfast), putting antisan type cream on it, and Elocon which is a topical steroid cream I get on prescription for this, then taking ibuprofen to try and help get the swelling down and reduce the pain, and putting ice packs on from time to time to try and cool it down.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Cumbadorum spray is really good with insect bites, not that I can spell it though.
  • Options
    Fortunately I don't suffer such dreadful reaction to insect stings and bites but I've found putting an ice pack over the bite and leaving it there for 20 minutes helps considerably.If you don't have an ice pack, a packet of frozen peas will do just as well.

Poppi