Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Driving Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am taking my driving test tomorrow morning. Shitting myself does not even cover it!

Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Relax and drive like it's any other day.
  • Options
    Don't let your car roll backwards down a hill. I can tell you on good authority that if you do, you will fail :thumb:

But yeah, you'll be fine. Try to chill out as much as you can, and think mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. Examiners are obsessed with them.
  • Options
    mirrors mirrors mirrors! and make it very obvious! I constantly got told throughout lessons that i would fail if i didnt look at my mirrors more, dispite the fact that i was using them all the time i just didnt make the big obvious head movement to look at them..(i can move my eyes you see, mr retardard driving instructor!)

5000th post! woo :hyper:
  • Options
    My driving instructor told me of a student who failed for making his mirror observations too obvious, the examiner said he obviously hadnt positioned them right if he had to keep turning his head and gave him a major.

But the examiners have targets to meet so may if you are unlucky be biased on some tests. This can work in your favour in some cases, I know of one or two occasions where they've overlooked major faults including when I was doing my bike test (or at least something I deemed to be major, and my instructor had told me I would fail on - nerves got the better of me but he passed me anyway with 3 minors).

Best of luck!

edit: "half of everything is luck, so dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself too much"

Good philosophy I think. Give it your best, if you get the result great, if you don't better luck next time :thumb:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Don't let your car roll backwards down a hill. I can tell you on good authority that if you do, you will fail :thumb:

But yeah, you'll be fine. Try to chill out as much as you can, and think mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. Examiners are obsessed with them.

Yep. Same applies for driving into a hedge in the test centre. They fail you for that too :yes:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

Not true. My handbrake failed and my car rolled backwards but I didn't fail